Security Installer Community

Outdoor Pirs

whibbs

does any one know of of a good outdoor pir as i have a large job coming up it has a round 20 zones and 4 areas thanking of the preimer 48 panel and i have been told by my suppler to use the intellisense dt900 dual pir with micro as these are good outdoor pirs does any one have any comments

Wayne Hibbs

does any one know of of a good outdoor pir as i have a large job coming up it has a round 20 zones and 4 areas thanking of the preimer 48 panel and i have been told by my suppler to use the intellisense dt900 dual pir with micro as these are good outdoor pirs does any one have any comments

hi whibbs,

i have used GJD gear for cctv triggers and external lighting, gartec offer some reasonably priced extermnal ones but imo outside alarm detection systems based on motion detectors are best avoided - herds of cats - flocks of seaguls because staff leave their sadwiches in the protected area = no thanks

better to use redwall, buried sensor or siezmic depending on site requirements

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Someone has been taking the piss out of you, that detector is certainly not for external use.

I can't testify to the quality, but I like the look of the Rokonet WatchOUT range. They have a quad and a dual-tech (with 2xPIR and 2xMicrowave built in).

http://www.rokonet.com/category.asp?plid=2&fmid=34

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

I can't testify to the quality, but I like the look of the Rokonet WatchOUT range. They have a quad and a dual-tech (with 2xPIR and 2xMicrowave built in).

http://www.rokonet.com/category.asp?plid=2&fmid=34

i've not used this model of detectors, rokonet imo are excellent in the internal market, i'd suggest what i do, buy one or two and field test it at you home.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived