Security Installer Community

Hidden Files

kka

Guest rjbsec
I didn't actually object as such, just find it strange that some people (not just kka) post a question, wait for a couple of replies, then finish the thread off by PM and then just come back and say 'sorted'.

I don't know what was said in the PM's, why it did go to PM and I don't want to know. I just find it strange that people do this with things that aren't in the slightest bit private. I understand doing it if it was specific to a sites security and it shouldn't be discussed in public but sometimes it's simple stuff like 'how do I open a tin of paint' or something (well, not actually that thread but you know what I mean).

And I'm not just referring to this forum either, some forums are terrible for it, to the point where I wonder why they bother having a firum as a maling list would be better.

Anyway, /rant over. :)

Well for a start, look at the date and times of the first 2 posts, then look at the date and time of the next post - kka had a problem on his PC that he urgently wanted help with so he PM'd someone who had shown an interest in helping him.

Well for a start, look at the date and times of the first 2 posts, then look at the date and time of the next post - kka had a problem on his PC that he urgently wanted help with so he PM'd someone who had shown an interest in helping him.

I gathered that, it was the fact that it went to PM I was puzzled by.

Doesn't matter, wish I never said anything. :rolleyes:

Or Start > Settings > Control Panel > Folder Options > View

Be careful though, a lot of files are hidden for a reason.

QFA

And Also Just Below You Can Find

Hide Operating System Files

Where You Can Normally Spot The Viruses Etc

Archived