Security Installer Community

Hidden Files

kka

is there anyway that i can view the hidden files on windows xp sp2 if so how, and how can i delete them if i need to.............. thanks

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest rjbsec

Windows Explorer > Tools > Folder Options > View

Check down the list for Hidden Files & Folders settings.

Or Start > Settings > Control Panel > Folder Options > View

Be careful though, a lot of files are hidden for a reason.

thanks everybody. i was looking for a specific file called wild tangent which i could not find so i thought it must be in the hidden files. i was put on the correct path after pm rjbsec. now i have a tiny little bit more knowledge. thanks again. this is why this is a great site with lots of gems in.....

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

i was put on the correct path after pm rjbsec. now i have a tiny little bit more knowledge. thanks again. this is why this is a great site with lots of gems in.....

Well, if we are going to sort everything by PM then really this board is pointless, we could just all email each other with questions.

Guest rjbsec
Well, if we are going to sort everything by PM then really this board is pointless, we could just all email each other with questions.

What a strange comment!

kka had a specific issue and PM'd me for advice after I posted in the thread - I gave him advice that resolved his problem.

How on earth does that make the board pointless? :rolleyes:

Guest rjbsec
agree with lurch,isnt this what forums are about...

ps rjbsec have you had a bad experience with with 240v it should be 230v really your page seems like a government health warning.. :fear:

Then presumably you feel that forums shouldn't have a PM service?

I make no apology for warning people about the dangers of mains electricity 230, 240 or 250 volts, all of which are still to be found in the UK.

Guest rjbsec
well yes and no...i dont like email...i presume your an old spark,me too but the public know the dangers of electricity...

Yes I'm old but I'm not a spark - this is a public forum and members of the public are often keen to solve a problem without considering the dangers of what they may be going to do - if my information serves as a caution then I am happy - the issue has been discussed by trade members in the trade area.

Now why do you object to me responding to kka's PM request for assistance?

I didn't actually object as such, just find it strange that some people (not just kka) post a question, wait for a couple of replies, then finish the thread off by PM and then just come back and say 'sorted'.

I don't know what was said in the PM's, why it did go to PM and I don't want to know. I just find it strange that people do this with things that aren't in the slightest bit private. I understand doing it if it was specific to a sites security and it shouldn't be discussed in public but sometimes it's simple stuff like 'how do I open a tin of paint' or something (well, not actually that thread but you know what I mean).

And I'm not just referring to this forum either, some forums are terrible for it, to the point where I wonder why they bother having a firum as a maling list would be better.

Anyway, /rant over. :)

Archived