Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier 24, Power Supply Problem? :-(

I have fitted about 5 or 6 alarms in my life time and have never really had any problems, well that was until the last couple of days.

I have a premier 24 panel with GSM module, 6 reed switchs 2 PIRs texecom bell box and LCD control panel.

The mains is wired in correctly from a fused spur but someting doesnt seem right. The large green LED lights up a constant green regardless of if either just the battery or just the mains is connected, even though it says in the manual it should flash when running from the battery, and constsnt when running from the mains, although they may have updated the programming since they made the manual. Does any one have any experiance of its normal activity?

I can disconnect the mains supply without causing a fault or tamper (even thought the alarm is programmed to do so although I am not sure if this kicks in until after 30 minutes??)

ALso all the LED's on the keypad continually flash , all on and then all off, but everything can be programmed and the alarm can be set unset activated, GSM module dials out OK etc etc

Im sure I am missing something really basic, but it has had me stumped for the last 2 days, if anyone can give me any pointer It would be much appreciated!

Sounds like the keypad is addressed as an 'engineers keypad', check your keypad manual for dip switch settings.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Sounds like the keypad is addressed as an 'engineers keypad', check your keypad manual for dip switch settings.

The keypad has 3 dips down and 1 up (or 3 up and 1 down I cant remember exactly as im in the office at the moment) but I did follow the dip switch instuctions.

Could anything else be causing it? Do you know if I actually have to program the keypad in to the alarm panel or does it only need to be connected (it works fine at the moment apart from the flashing LEDs).

If the mains is disconnected should a fault display on the keypad?

Thanks for the help!

Archived