Security Installer Community

Pss Firequest With Supanet

Guest Kilo-Foxtrot

Yeah, its good kit - next generation is the Sinteso detectors - two heat detectors and two optical detectors (fwd and rvse scan). Only thing is the freon won't set it off as the cold gas tells the head it isn't fire smoke! I know that on the Minerva I turned the ROR processing off when testing the smokies.

Hmmm. Detectors are getting just too clever !

So how do you test all the "elements" of the detectors, the boys the other week were giving me the choice to test with ultra violet or smoke can.

And with the Sinteso, I guess your now gonna have an optical chamber, which when activated, will bring in to play a second optical chamber for confirmation, presuming the heat element confirms the smoke is above a certain temperature ????

Does it still look for ultra violet as well ?

Guest G.J.M
Yeah, its good kit - next generation is the Sinteso detectors - two heat detectors and two optical detectors (fwd and rvse scan). Only thing is the freon won't set it off as the cold gas tells the head it isn't fire smoke! I know that on the Minerva I turned the ROR processing off when testing the smokies.

Apollo XP95 Multi sensors are a pain to test.They take loads of test aerosol to activate.

Guest Cerberus NI
Apollo XP95 Multi sensors are a pain to test.They take loads of test aerosol to activate.

Heat your can under the grill for 2 mins to heat up the gas (THIS SHOULD NOT BE TRIED AT HOME OR BY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 90 WHO HAS NOT GOT BOTH PARENTS WITH THEM AT THE TIME_

Guest G.J.M
Heat your can under the grill for 2 mins to heat up the gas (THIS SHOULD NOT BE TRIED AT HOME OR BY ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 90 WHO HAS NOT GOT BOTH PARENTS WITH THEM AT THE TIME_

fook that mad boy

they work better when the can has been in the van during a very hot day.

Guest Cerberus NI
fook that mad boy

they work better when the can has been in the van during a very hot day.

I hope you spotted the intended humour in my post For //.B.W.F.// Sake, but yes can from the van on a hot day does the trick!!

Guest G.J.M
I hope you spotted the intended humour in my post For //.B.W.F.// Sake, but yes can from the van on a hot day does the trick!!

no. the humor passed me by. :P

Guest Kilo-Foxtrot

After many hours of overtime it seems that we may have solved the problem. Pss knocked us up another panel to have on loan for a couple of weeks, which has stopped the false alarms.

We had an old c-tech panel knocking around the workshop that we used to prove the loop for a coule of days, when that reported nothing wrong it had to be the panel.

Thanks for your help guys. :)

Guest Cerberus NI
After many hours of overtime it seems that we may have solved the problem. Pss knocked us up another panel to have on loan for a couple of weeks, which has stopped the false alarms.

We had an old c-tech panel knocking around the workshop that we used to prove the loop for a coule of days, when that reported nothing wrong it had to be the panel.

Thanks for your help guys. :)

Glad to be of service - over and out!

Archived