Security Installer Community

Aux Power

tom25

Hi,This might seen a very stupid question but here i go, I have been looking at install manuals found on the internet for the securit 800l and i have noticed on wiring diagrams that it has only 1 AUX Poweroutlet to all the detectors how can i then power all the detectors etc with only one aux outlet of + and - ?

Sorry it must seen an extremely simple question to you

Thanks

Alternatly place all the detector power cables into a terminal block, and then from the terminal to the AUX terminals using just 1 or 2 cores.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

so loads of wires should go into one + and one - terminal?

:hmm:

That's not really how it works. If you count up how many powered detectors are on your system (a powered detector could be a PIR, or a shock sensor, or anything with an LED indicator on it). Each one of these devices would require a power supply, from the AUX terminals. You join the positives from each powered detector to the + terminal in parallel. You do the same for the - supply.

If you don't understand this, you should consider getting in a pro to have a look for you! Not trying to be condescending, merely trying to stop you blowing anything up!!!

Trade Member

Archived