Security Installer Community

Regalsafe Rs40 Factory Reset?

Guest brian gladman

Guest rjbsec

Once again you are quite wrong - it is for the trained and experienced security professional to specify the security requirements, having listened carefully to what the customer has to say but not compromising for the sake of customer preference.

Let me give you a simple example - the latest regulations setting out the requirements for professionally installed alarm systems, Grades the security of the system from 1 to 4. Now price, convenience or other consideration may prompt you to decide on a Grade 2 installation, however I as a professional installer and upon carefully assessing the risk may recommend a Grade 3 installation.

Who's decision will be right?

Being an inspected company if I "under-spec" your installation because you don't want to accept my professional advice, then I may well fall victim to being assessed badly by my Inspectorate, you on the other hand may find that your insurer will not cover all or some of your losses as your protection was considered inadequate - indeed in theory I as the installer may even be held liable for your losses!

You are of course free to install whatever you want on your own home but if you request the assistance of a professional inspected installer then you must accept his right, indeed duty, to specify the installation as he sees fit.

Guest rjbsec
Look Guys he has already defaulted his panel, and being an expert he doesn't need our help anymore, he cannot accept that as professional installers that we have standards to install that are dictated by other bodies, that is his choice banghead this topic is going nowhere fast, I suspect that as others have hinted at, that his motives are purley for research.

Google is your friend!

You are right of course, we all suspect his real agenda, however as this is a Public Forum other uninformed persons may read his comments and be in need of an explanation in order to come to the right conclusion.

Guest brian gladman
In case any of you hadn't already realised, this type of subject, i.e. the use and availability of security information is a pet project of Mr Gladman so it is highly unlikely that any agreement would ever have been reached.

I was not intending to go down this path but since you have raised it, I should stress that my interests in security engineering are far more than a pet project.

My background experience is on all aspects of safety and security engineering in defence systems. I now consult on security engineering for major US and UK companies and provide encryption software for mobile phones, computer operating systems, wireless routers, dvd players, TV subscription boxes, smart-cards, ....

I even supply software that is used in some alarm systems :)

And, yes, I do sometimes take on vested interests in situations where I believe that organisations are not acting in the public interest.

with best regards.

Brian Gladman

Guest brian gladman
Once again you are quite wrong - it is for the trained and experienced security professional to specify the security requirements, having listened carefully to what the customer has to say but not compromising for the sake of customer preference.

Whether you like it or not it is the customer who sets the security model. They either accept your advice and contract with you or they go somehwere else.

Either way the decision is theirs and not yours.

with best regards,

Brian Gladman

Guest rjbsec
Whether you like it or not it is the customer who sets the security model. They either accept your advice and contract with you or they go somehwere else.

Either way the decision is theirs and not yours.

with best regards,

Brian Gladman

Wrong again!

The security professional, (or possibly the insurer), sets the security level - the customer accepts or declines, he is free to accept inadequate protection if he wishes together with the consequences of his decsion.

That does not affect the correct security model it just demonstrates either the lack of understanding of the customer, a poor explanation by the security professional or possibly the full understanding of the customer but with an attitude of "I know better", "I can't afford that", "I can do it better myself" or "I don't ever listen to what others say".

Guest brian gladman
Wrong again!

The security professional, (or possibly the insurer), sets the security level - the customer accepts or declines, he is free to accept inadequate protection if he wishes together with the consequences of his decsion.

In other words the customer sets the security model that will actually be used - one which might or might not follow your advice. Which, of course, is exactly my point.

with best regards,

Brian Gladman

I even supply software that is used in some alarm systems :)

name names then......... :whistle:

In other words the customer sets the security model that will actually be used -

:hmm: ABI?

Guest rjbsec
In other words the customer sets the security model that will actually be used - one which might or might not follow your advice. Which, of course, is exactly my point.

with best regards,

Brian Gladman

No, wrong again!

The customer may decide what he is going to use but he will not dictate the security model for the premises, the model will always be as defined by the professional assessment. That model may be put into practice in the installation at the customers premises or it may lay wasted on the notebook or office PC.

Of course in the instance of the system being required by the insurer there will be no discussion if the insurance is to be provided and remain effective.

Right so you've told us all how important your security is to you

In fact it did not take me more than a couple of minutes maximum to disable this alarm the first time (without any manuals) and I could now do this in less than 15 seconds having done it once. I would expect any avergae burglar who got as far as needing to disable an alarm would do what I did

Gosh I hope no burglars are tuning into this, thank goodness you've not told 'em where you live

Brian Gladman's Home Page

I live in Worcester, a city located about 30 miles south west of Birmingham

where me uk info disk gone.... :rolleyes:

Archived