Security Installer Community

Ade Alarm Panal Adding 2 Bellboxes

Guest BR14N

Guest BR14N

i have installed a ADE accenta mini g3 alarm, works great but i want to add an extra bellbox to the back of the house. The font bellbox is a ADE response 8, the back one is unknow make/model, white with blue border for 360 degree strobing. on the circuit board it has +12 volts, 0v,tam 0v, neg trig, str neg, strobes ok just not sure how to connect others up, i have two wires going to alarm panel one back one front. Please Help, Thanks Brian.

i have installed a ADE accenta mini g3 alarm, works great but i want to add an extra bellbox to the back of the house. The font bellbox is a ADE response 8, the back one is unknow make/model, white with blue border for 360 degree strobing. on the circuit board it has +12 volts, 0v,tam 0v, neg trig, str neg, strobes ok just not sure how to connect others up, i have two wires going to alarm panel one back one front. Please Help, Thanks Brian.

Why bother, the one on the front will make plenty of noise. :whistle:

You could always put a long-life flashing LED in the rear one if you want it to be visible at night as a deterrent.

Unless you really need the sounder around the back, you could just connect the +12v and 0v up so that you have the LED's flashing. An extra bellbox on the system would probably draw too much current for the panel, unless the rear bell box has an SCB mode, in which case select that. The 12v, Strobe and Bell connections are commoned with the front bell, the tamper return from the front bell is connected to 0V in the rear bell, and the tamper return from the rear bell goes into the bell tamper terminal in the panel. Don't attempt this if the rear bell does'nt have an SCB mode as you'll just blow the bell fuse.

Trade Member

Guest BR14N

I have connected +12 and 0v up to spare connectors in alarm panel box and connected the strobe negative to the back bellbox disconnected sounder, so the two leds work flashing away and strobe works when front strobe works, Thanks.

the tamper return from the front bell is connected to 0V in the rear bell, and the tamper return from the rear bell goes into the bell tamper terminal in the panel. Don't attempt this if the rear bell does'nt have an SCB mode as you'll just blow the bell fuse.

hi m8, thats not such good an idea with Ultimates or Karizma's, if you get a zone alarm the bell rings cause's the tamper return voltage from the 2nd bell to go too low and logs a bell tamper (confussing for the less experienced), and can also cause 'bell tamper' on bell test by client.

better imo to feed the rear bell negative from aux tamper (which is negative) making it first in line before other items are connected, taking the tamper return to other items.

you need to ascertain wich terminal on the 'TAMP' is the the neg supply.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived