Security Installer Community

Independant Zone On Alarm System

Hi, of the numerous systems I've installed, mostly using the Sterling10 LCD kit, I've come across a new request and I have no idea where to get the kit.

I've been asked to install a system in a house, standard stuff with a keypad top of stair and by front door. But then they asked for a zone to cover a workshop at the back of the house.

It is wanted to be conected to the main system but when they enter the house and turn off the alarm, they want the workshop to remain protected until specifically turned off with another keypad located inside the workshop.

They also want to be able to use the keypads in the house to activate and deactivate the workshop with it's own code.

Any suggestions on the equipment that would do this or a work around?

I already suggested a dedicated alarm but they're not wanting that.

cheers.

Are new to alarms? I'd advise you get hold of and get used to some better panels then the sterling10 before you go charging people for fitting them.

Have a look at the Premier from Texecom.

www.texe.com

If you don't know......ask.

Are new to alarms? I'd advise you get hold of and get used to some better panels then the sterling10 before you go charging people for fitting them.

Have a look at the Premier from Texecom.

www.texe.com

The Premier48 looks like it does the job, looks like I could setup 2 user codes, one that arms and disarms the house area, and one that only arms and disarms the workshop area.

Any reputable suppliers of this item?

Any reputable suppliers of this item?

Pretty much any electrical wholesaler will be able to get it.

What is it you actually do?

Pretty much any electrical wholesaler will be able to get it.

What is it you actually do?

I install home entertainment systems, multi-room speaker systems, central entertainment systems and such like.

Cable runs are no problem, when you see the number of cables required to wire an entire house for music and video sometimes. Also the elctrical side of things, one of my business contacts does all the wiring and sockets for me.

I've installed a dozen or so alarms but only basic ones. I'm after something more complex this time. When it comes to commercial or monitored systems, I leave it to the professionals like you guys, I only do small jobs for family and friends.

It's just really important on this particular job that turning off the system doesn't de-activate the alarm on the outbuilding unless specifically asked to. Just frettingthat I'm gonna buy an expensive system and I want to be 100% sure it's right for the job.

Guest rjbsec
Just frettingthat I'm gonna buy an expensive system and I want to be 100% sure it's right for the job.

Yeah, I get that way installing muti-speaker entertainment systems.

Surely you can set this zone up for 24hr and then when you want to go into the building just omit the zone, do whatever then put the zone back onto 24hr. Im sure all the diddy panels do this!

!

Surely you can set this zone up for 24hr and then when you want to go into the building just omit the zone, do whatever then put the zone back onto 24hr. Im sure all the diddy panels do this!

Not really the proper way of doing ti though. If it's a new system then there's no reason why it can't be done properly, with a Premier 48 as mentioned above.

I'm glad the customer said no to 2 systems, no need for that at all.

Archived