Security Installer Community

Connecting Cctv With Dvr

Guest DIY disaster

Guest DIY disaster

I have got a 4 channel dvr with bnc connections on the back and 2 cctv IR cameras but no connection leads. The camera has a yellow female bnc plug and a red I don't know what plug this is but its a female plug I thinkit's for supplying power to the camera. what do I need to make it work and the camera is 12v dc so do I need a 220v - 12 inverter?

Please help

• 3 months later...
like the above member says: you need a power cable for the 12vdc with a power supply and suitable jack plug on the end conected into the unswitched spur

He does say with a power supply lads, go easy on him, the wording of the post may not have been clear enough.

He wasn't the only one remember, please dont reply unless you can help the guy out with the original problem, the threads just become a mess when reading them - Thankyou for your help.

Point taken, but as this is a public forum and based on the wording, anyone reading it could have decided to wire a 12-volt camera into a fused spur.

Agreed the wording was a little difficult to understand on a quick glance. Anyway....

It has been mentioned to CJT - to check the age of posts before replying from now on - and this thread is a prime example why.

In view of another thread going off topic, another one closed :(

Archived