Security Installer Community

0800 Number

Guest Peter James

We use Uniworld not the cheapest but have saved us a fortune against bt, 0800 numbers are free you just pay for the calls 0845 numbers are free you dont pay for the calls (you do the math)

We have a couple of 0800 and six 0845.

My 0845 is with Telecoms world and its free but i have the option of active diverts that i can set up on the tinternet. I can change it at any time and make it phone one number for 30 seconds then divert to another number etc etc it costs me 10 quid a month.

Can anyone recommend a good source for an 0800 number? Nothing fancy just need a freefone number to replace the current one.

Is there a difference between 0500 and 0800?

No real difference between 0500 and 0800, both free but 0800 is more widely known as "free" according to market research.

Suggest do a good web search as there are literaly hundreds of suppliers offering 0800 numbers, some will setup for free, some will charge, some you have to pay rental, some not.

There will also be differences between suppliers in the rates per minute you are billed at when the number is called, obviously a divert to a mobile etc will cost a lot more than a landline.

Its research time if you want the best deal, as some suppliers may charge a bit of rental or a yearly fee but may work out cheaper if the billing rate per minute is a lot cheaper.

You will have to pay or pay more if you want a so-called golden or memorable 0800 number.

Also do some research into the supplier you use and ask who the underlying carrier is who supply the number as you do not want the number provided by a fly by night who disappear in 6-months time and then you are struggling to make changes etc to the service.

The other consideration to ask is how can you make changes to the termination number (the phone number that the 0800 diverts to) as this will also differ widely between suppliers.

Some will charge to make changes or only allow a certain number of free changes per year, some will allow you to do as many changes as you need.

The method of making changes also differs between supplier, some offer instant changes online or by making a quick phone call whilst some need it in writing by post or fax and some need 28 days notice etc.

Hope this helps you find the right supplier.

regards

Simon

ToneTel Telecom

www.tonetel.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Archived