Security Installer Community

C & K 800l Fault

Guest Davidbs16

Guest Davidbs16

Can anyone please help !

Left the house today and didn't set the alarm.However the Alarm went off with a zone 8 fault and it was impossible to disarm when I got home - it just kept going off !.There are no wires on the PCB going to zone 8 (p.a/fire alarm).Reset the alarm on the PCB put it back together and again it went off, I did this several times but it still keeps happening.Currently I've not got the battery disconnected,mains supply on and panel door wide open and it hasn't gone off in nearly an hour.

Firstly I'm in fear of it going off again so how do I stop it annoying the neighbours ?

Secondly what is the fault ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

cheers

You say there are no wires going to zone 8. Is there a link in place on zone 8? otherwise the zone would be constantly 'open'.

If it aint that, could be battery (they cause all sorts of havock). It sounds to me like the system is in need of a good service.

Trade Member

• 2 weeks later...
You say there are no wires going to zone 8. Is there a link in place on zone 8? otherwise the zone would be constantly 'open'.

If it aint that, could be battery (they cause all sorts of havock). It sounds to me like the system is in need of a good service.

it could be the battery,but there was a fault with these panels where the battrey fuse was the wrong rating that also threw up a zone 8 fault as well :huh:

Archived