Security Installer Community

Maintenance Contract And Reporting Of Shortcomings

Guest Lorraine

I would have thought that the NSI would ensure the installer puts things right or loses their NSI status.

I believe they probably do, at the installers expense & possibly charge for re-inspection, but when was the last time we saw someone publicly being kicked out of NSI or SSAIB for that matter?

i was told at my last inspection that UKAS are putting pressure on the NSI and the SSAIB to kick companies out that do not achive the grade or preformas they should. i also belive that UKAS inspectors will be doing spot checks on companies with NSI and SSAIB inspectors to ensure corners are not being cut from any angle.

has any one else heard this

didnt the NSI also useto print a sheet of companies who had lost the approvals or publish in the book

Mark Smith, Director, S M Fire & Security Ltd, Bradford

i was told at my last inspection that UKAS are putting pressure on the NSI and the SSAIB to kick companies out that do not achive the grade or preformas they should. i also belive that UKAS inspectors will be doing spot checks on companies with NSI and SSAIB inspectors to ensure corners are not being cut from any angle.

has any one else heard this

didnt the NSI also useto print a sheet of companies who had lost the approvals or publish in the book

This can only be a good thing & I'd support it fully if it was a "genuine" spot check.

I had a big falling out with a firm I used to work for, whereby the firms technical manager would pick say half a dozen sites for inspection, go out before the inspection and tidy the panels & cable runs up, fit gromets & sticky mains & battery labels etc. They would never take real issue with some of the monkeys that left them in such a messy state after handover, only concerned with throwing them in as fast as possible.

They would then boast on their web site that all inspections had received the highest "A" grade possible.

I'd rather see the inspectors looking at all the certificates issued since their last visit and contact the client direct to arrange inspection & then tell the firm concerned on the day of inspection which installs are being inspected.

Chris

Chris Teague (Sales & Operations Manager) Sightguard Intruder Division

Covering the Isle of Wight: - Design, Installation, Maintenance & Takeover of Intruder Alarms, Fire Alarms & Equipment, CCTV, Access Control, Nursecall. Keyholding Service, Guarding & Cash in Transit. SSAIB & NICEIC Registered Tel 01983 884000 / 884440

Any comments / opinions posted could be the voices in my head speaking, but they are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

The inspector will see the certificates for every system we have installed since his last visit then asked to choose.

Often he asks me to set them to geographic order but thats about as my input goes.

Same Here.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Fantastic!!!

Don't give the company a chance to deal with the engineer that did the service, just go straight to the NSI and report them. A great plan, I am impressed by your total disregard for the honest and hard working people who are probably on the companies books, not to mention the person who worked hard to set it up.

So to recap, report to NSI and I expect you were responsible for the tip off to the papers. Lets hope they don't lose their approval, because you may have just lost a lot of people their lively hood.

:ranting:

The older I get, the faster I was.

Don't fret. I am certain that the NSI will have a fairly good idea of how the company in question carries out their work, and they will look into a complaint without prejudice. If the company is found to be at fault, the problem will be addressed and the NSI will only take further action if they feel there is a need to do so. The NSI have been inspecting installers for a long time, and they won't be fooled easily by either a consumer or an installer.

I think there is more to this particular 'complaint' than we are being told. It would be very interesting to hear a follow up report from the topic starter....... but will we get one?

Paul

I doubt we will get any more info from her/him, on a plus note I can do electrics and alarms, so I can audit solicitors and law firms now :)

The older I get, the faster I was.

Guest Lorraine

Hi everyone

apologies for taking so long to write back I have been away.

I'm a bit alarmed that you think I have been telling porky pies. If you look at the original post I did it was almost 7-8 months ago. At that time I was a legal representative for the CSA which I stated as solicitor to keep it short. So not completely familiar with disputes of this nature.

Since then I gave my day job up and have been studying to become a plumber and also recently my CG 2381 (I think thats the right number) and IEE 16th edition wiriing regs at nights in college.

The company in question were featured in the lincs echo last week. I haven't got a copy of the paper yet but one of my friends has saved me a clipping.

Lorraine.

apologies for taking so long to write back I have been away.

I'm a bit alarmed that you think I have been telling porky pies. If you look at the original post I did it was almost 7-8 months ago. At that time I was a legal representative for the CSA

Call it healthy paranoia

Since then I gave my day job up and have been studying to become a plumber and also recently my CG 2381 (I think thats the right number) and IEE 16th edition wiriing regs at nights in college.

Saw it on telly / press that there getting a fortune??

The company in question were featured in the lincs echo last week. I haven't got a copy of the paper yet but one of my friends has saved me a clipping.

Just Looked on line & can't see it....

Archived