Security Installer Community

Remote Camera Controlling

Gopher

Hi Lurch.

When I say IE I mean “Internet Explorer” by Microsoft.

The only condition currently is that it’s running on a PC not a MAC.

Paul.

Hmm, huge negative score there then in my books.

Sorry.

Are you likely to make it workable on any standard browser at any point?

Not as huge a failure as I made it sound, mainly as I never realised it was accessible through any browser at all anyway!

If it is in the pipeline for making it more standard then that makes me happy again. :) Most of my clients are being converted to Firefox, but that's not to say there aren't other browsers used at times by some of them.

Not as huge a failure as I made it sound, mainly as I never realised it was accessible through any browser at all anyway!

If it is in the pipeline for making it more standard then that makes me happy again. :) Most of my clients are being converted to Firefox, but that's not to say there aren't other browsers used at times by some of them.

Hi Stuart.

I will find out about Firefox for you but I don

System Q Ltd.

System Q, I agree with Lurch on this one, Firefox is good and is grabbing a share of the Browser Market also I have a great distrust in "ActiveX" it's too open, all you need to go is make it look like a legal control and you can do anything or use an existing control to over ride settings and get in that way.

I've even seen Java byte exploits being tried to load up ActiveX into my Home PC, didn't work though hmm Firefox doesn't like ActiveX :D all it takes is 1 dubious e-mail that gets through any "filtering" in place and your snookered.

ActiveX is a start but you've limited your customers to using 1 browser and 1 machine architecture, which many are trying to get away from or don't have a PC, MAC's work (don't have one, ain't used one in years but they were pretty good back then).

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

System Q, I agree with Lurch on this one, Firefox is good and is grabbing a share of the Browser Market also I have a great distrust in "ActiveX" it's too open, all you need to go is make it look like a legal control and you can do anything or use an existing control to over ride settings and get in that way.

I've even seen Java byte exploits being tried to load up ActiveX into my Home PC, didn't work though hmm Firefox doesn't like ActiveX :D all it takes is 1 dubious e-mail that gets through any "filtering" in place and your snookered.

ActiveX is a start but you've limited your customers to using 1 browser and 1 machine architecture, which many are trying to get away from or don't have a PC, MAC's work (don't have one, ain't used one in years but they were pretty good back then).

Hi.

I don

System Q Ltd.

Firefox for many things, IE if I have to at home and work, but work is behind lovely system that blocks a lot of "content".

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

I haven't used IE for near enough 2 Years now, since I started using Firefox. I'm never quite sure why people use IE as well as Firefox.

Only time I've ever used IE is to check things that don't work (usually web cams and media) and it generally ends up that it's the website\stream etc... that is at fault.

I haven't used IE for near enough 2 Years now, since I started using Firefox. I'm never quite sure why people use IE as well as Firefox.

Only time I've ever used IE is to check things that don't work (usually web cams and media) and it generally ends up that it's the website\stream etc... that is at fault.

Noted!

I didn

System Q Ltd.

I expect this demo to be live late Thursday.

PM me if any one wishes the IP address and instructions and password to try it. If you are in the trade I can give you confirmed prices.

Paul.

System Q Ltd.

Archived