Security Installer Community

No Power Light On Accenta Alarm Keypad

Guest salford red

Guest salford red

I have an Accenta alarm system at home. The other day I had cause to switch off the electric power to the house. Since then I have been unable to set the alarm. The two lights on the keypad at the bottom (one red and one green) are both not lit. (The red one has power written next to it). However there does appear to be power to the keypad as all of the actual keys are lit up. But I am unable to set the alarm when we leave home. There is no sound when any of the keypad buttons are pressed. The main control box (which I have sited upstairs) does have the red power light lit.

The alarm system is I believe an Accenta 8 mini. Unfortunately I do not have any instructions.

Could anybody out there point me in the right direction to get it working correctly?

Many thanks.

• 4 months later...
Guest moominboy

not to be condesceding , and coming from my vast experience, ;p.

but have you checked all the fuses in the control panel? i had this happen on a different system and it was the fuse on the CP PCB that had gone.

worth a look before you try what fastcar suggested?

Do i need to replace the battery then? If i turn the mains of the power light goes out on the main panel - suggests the battery is dead!

Does the battery afect the keypad?

The outside alarm does not sound when the power is removed. Is this because the battery is dead. Will replacing the battery solve the problem? What does a service entail?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived