Security Installer Community

Alarm Installers Salary. How Much Do We Get??

What are the Australian standards for intruder alarms & police response?

would I be correct in believing that you can get an arm security guard to pop round when the alarm goes off? As per US?

You can get a guard to attend the property if the alarm is monitored. I would say that only about 10% of alarms here actually call anyone. The guard response is normally not used by people either as it takes them so long to get to the property. Melbourne is about 80klms from one side to the other. I would say that only commercial alarms request guards to attend. In addition to this the guards are normally told to not approach the burglars and just call police.

Police will not attend most of the time unless the alarm is confirmed by a person who has seen someone in the property.

Guest ALSEC
//.National Installer.// actually has a really bad name here. There are not many techs who will actually work for them. The only ones that will are the ones who are desperate for work which usually means they are no good. I actually met one that did not own a soldering iron or a multi meter.

Things pretty much the same here as in Oz then..... (takes cover..)

Only joking of course..

You should aply for a job with INITIAL, There using the GE Security ATS panel. you could be top engineer as it came from OZ!!

Trade Member

As Mr Kingswood said "Dont forget the 6 P's when installing.....Proper Preperation Prevents P*** Poor Performance!!!"

John Kingswood(alais Nobby), Paul Earl Ltd 1985-2006

You should aply for a job with INITIAL, There using the GE Security ATS panel. you could be top engineer as it came from OZ!!
He could be the 'wizard' from Oz

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Archived