Security Installer Community

Kxtda......is It Just Me?

austintelecom

Has anyone else encountered the same problem as this? When a system speed dial number is stored with line access code (9) and an associated name is stored, the display of the 7633 only shows the CLI. On the old KXTD you used to have to insert a hyphen between the line access number and the speed dial for the system to read the number correctly and disregard the 9. However a hyphen cannot be used on the kxtda15. The only way I can get it to display both name and number is if I store the phone no. in brackets. This of course makes the number 'private' so when you dial the ssd, nothing is displayed on the screen.

Before anyone asks, extension programming is set to display name and number ( as default ) and yes I am receiving CLI from BT!!!!!!!!

However a hyphen cannot be used on the kxtda15. The only way I can get it to display both name and number is if I store the phone no. in brackets.

can you insert a comma instead of the hyphon after the '9'? (i'm sure you know thats a 2 second pause)

i think you can email pansonic uk support from the web site.

i did do the course on this but not any installs so far so can't try it out, (and have now decided on siemans was a better kit value imo in my companies market slot so not likely to run into it).

regs

arfur_mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for the idea, will try it when im back on site. I have contacted panasonic since posting this little poser to be told that nothing needs to be inserted between 9 and number. I told them i have tried this & they suggested a possible fault. Next step is to email them a copy of the dsys file for them to cast their eye over. Will keep you updated. Whats the siemens like to work with? I installed a hicom 100 or 110 a few years ago and found it a real pain to program, mind you i didnt do the course, which may have helped!

I'm fairly certain you can't insert anything other than numbericals into the number field IIRC. I too haven't actually fitted a TDA15, or 30 for that matter, and have also done the course! All my TDA work has been on the 100\200. I don't remember anything being mentioned about this and don't appear to have anything about it written in my notes. I do remember the TDA15\30 part of the course was briefly run through on the final day as more of a footnote to the 100\200 course.

Archived