Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Plus Alarm System - Power Cut

Guest Guest_Jez_*

Guest Guest_Jez_*

Guess what, yes we have also moved into a house with an Optima 2 plus alarm system, and, when I switch the electrics off, the alarm goes off.

This happens when we have power cuts, including during the night, and also as we are doing loads of work to the house.

The neighbours love us!!

Any clues how to disable this feature.

cheers

Jez :hmm:

This is not a feature you can disable.

You can only stop this by having the system regularly maintained. The system is faulty at present and needs a new battery and the system checking over for damage due to the battery overcharging.

agreed, have the system checked over, and if it is okay then a new back up battery will allow the electricity to be turned off for short periods ( depending on the size of the battery)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AlVal
Methinks we need another announcement in the header!

I have an optima 2 plus system and when theres a power cut it just keeps letting a little beep out every 30 seconds or so (I guess thats to let me know theres no power to it) , I guess this means my battery is still functioning (at least to some extent!)

Guest Peter James
I have an optima 2 plus system and when theres a power cut it just keeps letting a little beep out every 30 seconds or so (I guess thats to let me know theres no power to it) , I guess this means my battery is still functioning (at least to some extent!)

Sounds more like mains smoke detectors indicating mains failure.

Even so unless you want to endup in the predicament of the original poster get it serviced regularly and you should be problem free. ;)

Guest RICHL
Engineer programming selection - Mains Fail Beep, as far as I recall.

Yup can be disabled though, just re-programmed one today as it happens, first time in years.

Archived