Security Installer Community

Dsc Alarm Problem

Guest paulm34

Guest paulm34

i have a dsc alarm which was fitted by the last owner of my property .It has never been serviced since i have owned the property (3years). i have been told that bell boxes have there own battery inside and that might need changing? any help would be great :rolleyes:

Who was the original installer?

When you say the bell does not go off, what exactly do you mean - I take it the bell does not activate when you want it to?

How are you testing it ? If you are setting it then triggering it, you may not be waiting long enough - it may be programmed for inernal sounder only on exit fault.

D7

Guest paulm34

it was installed by BG it used to monitered down phone line but that has been disconnected and has been reset. the outside bell outside did work as i set it off trying to do a part set when we first moved in and of course linked to phone line police arrived.

i forgot to mention there is a sounder inside the house next to the alarm box which does sound

it was installed by BG it used to monitered down phone line but that has been disconnected and has been reset. the outside bell outside did work as i set it off trying to do a part set when we first moved in and of course linked to phone line police arrived.

i forgot to mention there is a sounder inside the house next to the alarm box which does sound

It sounds like your external bell is only a dummy - in other words, just an empty sounder box.

It sounds like your external bell is only a dummy - in other words, just an empty sounder box.

" the outside bell outside did work as i set it off trying to do a part set"

So it can't be a dummy, BG did also fit live sounders as well. :hmm:

As its not been serviced for a few years, I would get someone in to give it a once over.

But make sure they know the DSC panels as a lot of installers can't seem to get their heads around them ;)

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Guest paulm34

i did forget to mention there is 2 bell boxes, one on the front of the house and one on the back. I assume one of them is a dummy?

i did forget to mention there is 2 bell boxes, one on the front of the house and one on the back. I assume one of them is a dummy?

or both could be dummies!! :rolleyes: cos the internal sounders did the job originally hence the digi coms down the phone line :whistle:

they are a bit difficult to get your head around the programming format,if you don't use it every day set one up!!! :hmm:

Archived