Security Installer Community

Citadel Xr2 Reset After Power Loss

Guest scudon

OK i understand what your both saying..maybe i should rephrase the question.

When a power cut occurs to the house:

Should the bell start ringing with no means to turn it off until the mains power is restored? NO not if the systems batteries are correctly maintained. If there is a power fail you will be able to cancel the initial indication on the panel again providing the system has been maintained.

If away from the house when this occurs does the bell continue to sound when the power is restored to the house? In other words if i'm away for a week will the now fully powered system continue to ring until a code is entered to reset it?

The system won't cause a problem if it is correctly maintained and the batteries are looked after. if it is not maintained and the batteries are poor the system will either ring for 20 minutes and cutout or ring continuously (depends on the age of the sounder and type)

Many thanks

Guest scudon

Right so i must have faulty batteries.

ok i will ask a local firm to check the system and have a look at the battery.

Interesing to know that a faulty battery will still power an a alarm siren for 20 mins. :-|

Many thanks

Interesing to know that a faulty battery will still power an a alarm siren for 20 mins. :-|

Many thanks

There's more than one battery, in different places with different functions. They're also of different types and lifetime.

When you get an engineer in he'll explain, and renew as necessary.

Many thanks

That would be because the main control panel has a battery! the outside sounder also has a battery.

If you post your location there might be an engineer that uses these forums who will be able to call and sort the system out.

Archived