Security Installer Community

Citadel Xr2 Reset After Power Loss

Guest scudon

Guest scudon

Hi all

I have moved into a new home which has the Citadel XR2 system installed. There is a strobe light system on the bell but i do not know the make of it.

During a power cut the alarm went off so i went to the keypad to reset it. I could not do this as there was no power to it...completely dead. :angry2: Question...How do you turn the alarm/bell sounder off in this situation?

After 10 mins the power was restored making the alarm even louder but i now had power to the keypad so i could enter the reset code...alarm sound went off and everything seems normal. :)

I then a few days later turned the power off from the mains board to do an electrical installation.

The alarm went off again..so i turned the power back on and reset the system..

I have checked the manual,engineering information leaflet for the system and this site but i can not see anything on how to stop the alarm going off in the event of a power cut.

Also, if i was on holiday and we had a power cut, how long would the alarm keep going and even when the power was returned there would be no one to rearm the system, so would the alarm/siren keep going until the reset code was entered? :fear:

Cant see this being the case but how to check and find out?

Many thanks in advance

Scudon

The Alarm has done everthing that it should do.

Dead easy solution to your problem, have the system serviced regularly this would not happen.

Lack of maintenance is the biggest cause of problems with alarm users. The system needs new

batteries and to be checked for damage by an engineer.

Guest scudon

Thanks for your response.

So every time the power goes off i have to sit and wait for it to come back before i can turn the siren off !!

So what do i do if i i need to turn the power off for an electrical installation (which i do need to do)?

Surely there must be a way to turn the siren off in this situation.

So what will happen if i'm away on holiday and a power cut happens. Will the siren keep going off?

thanks

No, you need to have the system regularly serviced and this problem will not occur at all.

The Alarm has done everthing that it should do.

Dead easy solution to your problem, have the system serviced regularly this would not happen.

Lack of maintenance is the biggest cause of problems with alarm users. The system needs new

batteries and to be checked for damage by an engineer

Guest scudon

Also...Lack of maintenance is the biggest cause of problems with alarm users..

i agree with your statement..

howver how can you tell this "The system needs new

batteries and to be checked for damage by an engineer."

Is this why i can not turn the siren off?

i read that a protective circuit exists to prevent power being removed from the main CPU box and i assume that the alarm goes off if this happens..(hence the alarm going off in a power cut) but surely this can be disabled or disconnected?

thanks

Also...Lack of maintenance is the biggest cause of problems with alarm users..

i agree with your statement..

howver how can you tell this "The system needs new

batteries and to be checked for damage by an engineer." Yes this is the solution.

Is this why i can not turn the siren off? No you cant turn the system off because the external sounder thinks the main box is being tampered with and subsequently it activates

i read that a protective circuit exists to prevent power being removed from the main CPU box and i assume that the alarm goes off if this happens..(hence the alarm going off in a power cut) but surely this can be disabled or disconnected? This cannot be overidden.

thanks

Guest scudon

Many thanks

So the solution is to have the batteries changed by and engineer and the system maintained.

This will not let me stop the siren from ringing though?

i understand that the system goes off as if its being tampered so when a power cut occurs the alarm goes on for as long as the power is off and the battery has charge. Are you saying that i can not change this?

what if i disconnect the battery?

thanks

Many thanks

So the solution is to have the batteries changed by and engineer and the system maintained.

This will not let me stop the siren from ringing though?

i understand that the system goes off as if its being tampered so when a power cut occurs the alarm goes on for as long as the power is off and the battery has charge. Are you saying that i can not change this?

what if i disconnect the battery?

thanks

Er, no!

Among other things the battery(ies) is(are) there to keep the system fully operational in the event of a power cut :!:

Unless it goes on for a very long time of course. :)

Many thanks

So the solution is to have the batteries changed by and engineer and the system maintained. Yes.

This will not let me stop the siren from ringing though? Your not meant to stop it ringing other than by resetting the system by a code. The batteries simply take over from the mains and continue to allow the alarm to function in the state it was in before the power cut.

I understand that the system goes off as if its being tampered so when a power cut occurs the alarm goes on for as long as the power is off and the battery has charge. Are you saying that i can not change this? Yes

what if i disconnect the battery? The alarm will go off.

thanks

Guest scudon

OK i understand what your both saying..maybe i should rephrase the question.

When a power cut occurs to the house:

Should the bell start ringing with no means to turn it off until the mains power is restored?

If away from the house when this occurs does the bell continue to sound when the power is restored to the house? In other words if i'm away for a week will the now fully powered system continue to ring until a code is entered to reset it?

Many thanks

Archived