Security Installer Community

Access Control - Honeywell Vs Paxton

Guest rpb123

Guest rpb123

Hi,

I am in the process of nominating WINPAC as the standard access control system we are installing in our multi occupied commercial premises. I am getting a bit of grief from a s v small minority who think Paxton is the best route based mainly on cost.

I am getting tired of trying to persuade them - whats the best way to prove WINPAC is worth the extra investement over Paxton.

Thanks in Advance

Guest rpb123
It would be depend on the environment and the useage of both systems.

Both do what they say on the tin.

Thanks,

30 commercial buildings from 10,000 to 100,000 sqft with upto 20 doors in each one, longer term we want a central control point but local control for at least the next 3 yrs. We will also be rolling out cashless vending etc in the near future.

Both systems will do what you want, not sure though about paxton and Cashless vending(their MD participates in these forums, i am sure he will put you right on this). Personally I would use the Winpac system as I have installed many systems and had no problems, only used Paxton a couple of times and again had no problems.

I would be inclined to do a speadsheet of what you actually need the systems to do now and in the future, benchmark each system against these requirements and see which system best fits your needs in terms of performance, cost and future useage.

You will also need to ensure that allthough a system meets your current needs in terms of the number of operators you need and if the business grows.

You also need to look at whole of life costs for each system. Also discuss this with your installer as they will have a lot of epierience to bring to the table also.

Have installed both and both are ok although pac 2100's liked cooking the psu's abit Pac are expensive if you cost per door compared to paxton although I think the software of pac does more the paxton does a hell of a lot at a much lower cost---free training from paxton---very good and patient tech support but if your choice is not driven by cost alone you must compare what each system will do and what YOU want it to do---paxton have just started to intergrate their system with IP cameras to give entry surveilence on their system---do not know if you can intergrate with cashless system or not! ---all in all Paxton reliable and engineer/user friendly---its up to you and what you want it to do!!!!.

Regards Paul.

We've got one large Pac site with 2100's and lots of sites with Paxton Net2 - Net2 wins hands down

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

Well the spelling didnt help Win-pak is spelt with a K not a C Pac for Windows would of been called Winpac if Northern (now Honeywell) had not got there first.

Pete

:unsure:

I wouldn't get too close to that Paxton job in the hospital Pete, you might get mistaken for one of the locals. :whistle:

:lol:

Archived