Security Installer Community

Dome Reccomendation

wombats

I am looking into getting 2 domes for my home (Front & Rear) i need the following..

Be weatherproof.

Lowest lux as possible (Don't want IR)

480TVL or better

Colour

Provide a good quality picture.

Vari-focal

Don't want a PTZ.

Option to wall mount

Budget around the

I am looking into getting 2 domes for my home (Front & Rear) i need the following..

Be weatherproof.

Lowest lux as possible (Don't want IR)

480TVL or better

Colour

Provide a good quality picture.

Vari-focal

Don't want a PTZ.

Option to wall mount

Budget around the

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

@BellMan371

I am not trade,this is just a DIY project but thanks anyway.

@barooga

I have looked through the domes available from where i bought the dvr but they don't seem to have anything with the spec i require. Most of their domes are for internal use.

Guest anguscanplay

be careful a lot of these ultra low light cameras look the business and can see in very very little ambient light but the moment you get movement in the scene - a burglar for example all you actually capture is a ghostly blur

shutter speeds to slow or something better to improve the light level than expect electronics to compensate

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the tip. Could you tell me what feature i should be looking for for this to not happen on the cam i buy?

anything that claims " extra low lighting ability" or has " moon " " stars" or " black" in its name lol

check the shutter speed against the chip size - bit chip slow shutter = small chip fast shutter , close your eyes for longer and more would have passed your line of vision , its the same principle

I do understand what you are saying about the close your eyes for longer and more would have passed your line of vision. But a little confused with "check the shutter speed against the chip size" Most of the cams i have been looking at are

Shutter Speed PAL : 1/50

Archived