Security Installer Community

number id

Rich

Is there a unit that tells you the number the incoming call is being diverted from?

I have 1 line and 2 numbers diverting to that, 0845 and 0800. I want to see which number the person at the other end is calling and ideally give it a label.

Is there a unit that tells you the number the incoming call is being diverted from?

I have 1 line and 2 numbers diverting to that, 0845 and 0800. I want to see which number the person at the other end is calling and ideally give it a label.

48255[/snapback]

As far as I am awaire is NO as the number ringing either 0845 or 0800 will only provide its CLI only.

You can, but it's not a network feature so you'll need a decent PBX first that will show you what number was dialled by the caller. Set a trailing digit on the end of the number you're diverting to and you can then see what number is being called.

So, if your landline number is 01234 567890 that is the number that will come up on the display for those.

If you set your 0845 number to divert calls to 01234 567890 1 and divert the 0800 number to 01234 567890 2 these are the numbers that will come up for those.......I think. ;)

I'll have check the details, but you'll be needing a large pile of cash for this one, 1k should cover it.

How much do you want this feature?

I'll have check the details, but you'll be needing a large pile of cash for this one, 1k should cover it.

How much do you want this feature?

48262[/snapback]

Ha Ha

I want this feature £69.99's worth

Thought you might say something like that. The other option is........... no you can't do it!

You can do call sign, but you'll only get two numbers so you'd have to share 2 of the numbers you've got on one of them.

You could, I'll have to spend half the night reading the manuals to work out how you could do it and how much it would cost, but just for you.......

You'll have to buy some cards for it for a start, not sure how much they are to be honest.

Sounds promising

I will wait until I have moved before I know exactly what I need, In the mean time I will look at what services are available, Like fax conversion services and such.

I am now thinking, a clear description of who will be at the other end of those numbers, for those calling the numbers, will be my cheapest and easiest option.

What exactly is callsign ?

Archived