Security Installer Community

Dualpath Gsm & Pstn Speech Dialler

Hi All,

Does any one know if any manufacturers make a dual path (gsm & pstn) speech dialler. Just wondering, as i'm a newly set up installer and i think this would be something that would appeal to my customers. I am not yet NSI/SSAIB certified and just thought this would be a more reliable form of communication not involving the police. No monitoring costs (apart from mobile sim and telephone line costs), no URN cost, no nsi/ssaib required and secure dual path signalling. Any Thoughts?

Hi jb-eye,

Are they the the same as these ones:

Not sure if i'm allowed to post the link, sorry in advance if so!

Is there no manufacturer the can just send out an alert when one path goes down (line cut/gsm fail)? Surely this would make sense and they are missing a trick, they would sell a shed load!

cheers

This is true about the ARC/Police response route. The thing is i cannot offer this at present due to me not being NSI/SSAIB at present, also the monthly/yearly monitoring costs put many customers off. This way i can offer a one off installation cost, then the customer pays for the sim costs and the phone line costs. Just wondered if anyone had seen or heard of a product that does what i want.

think what RFS is trying to say is the monitoring / service costs are income to the NSI/SSIAB registered installers (and rightly so). I just think that if i was going to goto the lengths of dual path coms a few pound each month to know that should someone be in my house would be well worth it........

This is true, don't get me wrong. When certified i see these monitoring costs do generate valuable income.

You do realise you dont have to be accredited to offer Keyholder monitoring? If you call any of the ARCs sales departments and tell them your situation (in my experience) they will bend over backwords to accomadate you. You only need to be accredited to offer police response.

Regards

Danny

This is true about the ARC/Police response route. The thing is i cannot offer this at present due to me not being NSI/SSAIB at present, also the monthly/yearly monitoring costs put many customers off. This way i can offer a one off installation cost, then the customer pays for the sim costs and the phone line costs. Just wondered if anyone had seen or heard of a product that does what i want.

I think the point being made here is if someone really wants to protect their property they wouldnt really be looking to use a non approved company to do it.

The monthly/annual cost is irrelivent, because they need the right security.

Lets face it if a burglar is going to the extreme to cut phone lines etc then the pickings must be worth the risk of getting caught, and if they are then the customer should not be considering a non approved system

Hi Danny, I did not realise that about the monitoring stations! I will have to look into that. Having just worked out in the field for the past 9 years, the office procedures passed me by!

By not charging for monitoring you are doing yourself out of revenue and it shags the whole industry.

I think the point being made here is if someone really wants to protect their property they wouldnt really be looking to use a non approved company to do it.

The monthly/annual cost is irrelivent, because they need the right security.

Lets face it if a burglar is going to the extreme to cut phone lines etc then the pickings must be worth the risk of getting caught, and if they are then the customer should not be considering a non approved system

Thats not quite right though is it?

Just because a company is approved doesn't mean there any better than a company that isnt and its the same with all trades!

Cutting the BT line isn't really that extreme, it's usually readily accessable on the exterior of the building in some way, the extreme part is actually breaking a window, forcing a door, strangling the alsation-and then ransacking the place not knowing if anyone has seen you enter, heard you etc.

The discussion about whether a NSI/SSAIB instal is better/more reliable than an instal by a non affiliated company has done the rounds-affiliated members will undoubtedly stick to their guns as will Joe Bloggs who installs to all the latest en requirements but everyone says is void because he aint a member of the gang.

Just because a company is approved doesn't mean there any better than a company that isnt and its the same with all trades!

It does in the eyes of insurance companies and the police.

argeed, however if my pal in (for example) Inverness said who would you recomend for an alarm, I'd point him towardsa NSI/ SSAIB knowing that should it all go very wrong they have proper insurance ect.....

Mr? Veritas God

Thats not quite right though is it?

I didn't say they would be any better, but look at it from jp point of veiw if you have something that a burglar would take a risk to steal then your gonna be looking for the best protection you can afford not the cheapest, so the market is different, and no real point to dual path on a non approved system

Cutting the BT line isn't really that extreme, it's usually readily accessable on the exterior of the building in some way, the extreme part is actually breaking a window, forcing a door, strangling the alsation-and then ransacking the place not knowing if anyone has seen you enter, heard you etc.

The discussion about whether a NSI/SSAIB instal is better/more reliable than an instal by a non affiliated company has done the rounds-affiliated members will undoubtedly stick to their guns as will Joe Bloggs who installs to all the latest en requirements but everyone says is void because he aint a member of the gang.

You missed my point I wasnt attacking unaproved companies. It may be a little different down South but in the twenty five odd years I've been in this trade I can count on one hand the amount of burglaries I know of where the phone line was cut first. And every one of them were places that had high value contents.

We only use Emizon now. so far works well. Connects to site broadband and uses GSM card that pics network that has strongest signal. On galaxy connects to AB line or u can use out puts. Even remote dial in is availible, so thats the next thing i would like to try out, not done that yet.

We only use Emizon now. so far works well. Connects to site broadband and uses GSM card that pics network that has strongest signal. On galaxy connects to AB line or u can use out puts. Even remote dial in is availible, so thats the next thing i would like to try out, not done that yet.

We have a few fitted and the remote on the galaxy works very well indeed but the big problem we have is setting the thing up, the firewalls etc on most large sites cause us mega problems.

If we could install and make it work in less time i would make it our standard signalling device.

Archived