Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9651 2x contacts on FSL ?

Guest IM_Alarms

Guest IM_Alarms

On a small domestic system using a 9651 there is a EOL zone which has two contacts on it. They are short runs, they have one EOL resistor and each contact has a 4K7 across it. The zone reads 2K2 normal / 6K9 with either door open / 11K6 with both doors open - Yet tampers with both doors open ??? I have seperated each core and tested each for continuity and insulation with clear results. I checked through the installation book and the diagram for FSL shows one contact only, yet has no mention of this being the only method. Is this true? Only one contact available on a EOL? Surely not! Maybe someone has hit this hurdle before?

Please help ................Thanks Guys

Some panels are limited to one open detector per zone, some let you get away with 2 open detectors per zone.

Sounds as though this Scany, is one of those that wont.

The only way you`ll do it is to have the EOL resistors in the panel.(not compliant)

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

which reminds me of a takeover,10 roller doors,each contact wired in different colour cores............i swear if i find him ill kill him :(:(:(

a lot of fags and swearing, got it sorted..........cheers who ever you were.....

Some panels are limited to one open detector per zone, some let you get away with 2 open detectors per zone.

Sounds as though this Scany, is one of those that wont.

The only way you`ll do it is to have the EOL resistors in the panel.(not compliant)

19832[/snapback]

I've made this point before - but why cant you run four wires back to the control panel for each zone point and put the end of line resistors there. Surely it complies as there is a full tamper circuit, and also gives full compliancy as there is full tamper indication at each zone point.

Mister G

If the resistors are in the panel then there`s no Tamper for the zone.

If someone cuts a cable while its set, then ok it`ll sound the sirens, but if cut when unset, the user wont know anything about it until he tries to set the system and finds a setting fault.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Guest IM_Alarms

.....Ahh but can anyone say for sure that this panel will not accept more than one contact per zone? All menviers normally accept up to ten per zone and I thought Scanny and Menvier were getting more alike these days? Surely they've not opted to limit each zone to one device without letting us poor overworked engineers know in their little ole eng book! ............ Doh

Dont know about 9651 but I know the 9751 manual says cable resistance must not exceed 100 ohms, so maybe the panel sees anything above 7k as open circuit???

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Yes you can as long as you resistance of the cable is restricted to a maximum of 100 ohms and you will need four cores to the contact if you are going to use tamper..

The panel will not know which contact (door) has opened, just that one of them has :blink:

The best way to do it, is to fit a better panel with more zones :D

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Archived