Security Installer Community

Scantronic Ax10

SnAzBaZ

Hello,

I have a Scantronic 65EN fitted with some 9953 keypads of which one has an AX10 external tag reader fitted to it. It's my understanding that the AX10 can be used to unset the alarm from outside the building, just hold the tag up to it and it unset's. The installer is telling me that I have to press the tick on the keypad (inside the building) after holding the tag up to the AX10.

Can someone tell me if the system can be programmed to unset one partition automatically (without pressing any buttons on the keypad) when a tag is presented to the AX10?

Thanks!

The installer is telling me that I have to press the tick on the keypad (inside the building) after holding the tag up to the AX10.

Unless you start an entry timer the tag needs you to choose which areas you require to unset by use of the keypad

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

hav,nt used the En 65 but we do fit the menvier M range and use the Ax10 remote reader and you can progg the tag to be set/ unset/access/reset/area set almost what ever you want and no need to use keypad works a treat

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

hav,nt used the En 65 but we do fit the menvier M range and use the Ax10 remote reader and you can progg the tag to be set/ unset/access/reset/area set almost what ever you want and no need to use keypad works a treat

That makes more sense to me, having to press buttons on the keypad after tagging with the reader makes having the reader pointless. The only use for it would be as part of an access control system to unlock a door. I simply want it to unset a specific partition, no need for it to be used for anything else.

Thanks

have a word with tec as some of the key pads work with the 65 range Keypads work with the Mrange as they are the same mother boards and just loaded with scantonic or Menvier so you could possibly get your rep to reload the panel you have on the wall ??

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Archived