Security Installer Community

Tamper Light On Scantronic 9427

MaDProFF

Hi All

I have a scantronic 9427 that the tamper light stays on, I have a manual for a 9448+, (don't ask me why?)

I have taken the panel apart, and the switch in side does not click when you push it in and out, I have checked the dialer panel that does click.

2 ?'s do Scantronic still make this panel so it can be a straight swap?

Can I over ride tamper switch short term so I can set the alarm?

Thanks

How old is your back up battery?? Change after 5 years.

It would surprise me if the switch is gone on the panel.

hmm dont think it has ever been changed, is that in the main panel?,,,, Sorry I know nothing of alarms, but a little about how they work and how to test things, I would have tested the switch but it is soldered onto the panel and not easy to get,

a battery is a battery regardless of application and not made to last forever.

just like in your car, power drill or mobile phone it charges, gets drained and generally fades away/dies over 3-6 years use.

change it 1st before anything else you never know your luck

:)

Well the battery does not appeared to have solved the problem, I take it a tamper fault means a tamper fault, or could it mean there could be a fault in any of the detectors???

Next i would check the external bell!

!

Well at least that's one thing rulled out and now you know you have bad luck so don't bother buying a lottery ticket this Saturday :P

If you can't test the switch I would not advise changing the panel on the hope it fixes it.

I'd call someone in instead if I were you as you might end up throwing money at possible repair options.

C.

:(

Well the battery does not appeared to have solved the problem, I take it a tamper fault means a tamper fault, or could it mean there could be a fault in any of the detectors???

Tamper is tamper.

Close the tamper spring with your finger and reset the panel, does that fix it?

If not try linking out the global tamper, does that fix it?

If not link out the bell tamper, does that fix it?

If this doesn't work the chances are that you need to replace the panel, your statement "the switch in side does not click when you push it in and out" would seem to point to a new panel being needed.

Archived