Security Installer Community

Setting Up As A Security Installer......

Mike J

Hi all

I am looking for some friendly advice please.

I have worked in the manufacturing and distribution side of the industry for many years and after spending long hours helping the rest of the world out of security problems on and off site I have decided that over the next 2 years I will turn my skills to starting up on my own.

I will be mainly concentrating on access control but I am also familiar with the ways of CCTV.

My main question is one to bounce of all the people who started as a 1 man band. How did you go about setting up and being successful in balancing installation work with finding new business.

I would start tomorrow if I had the answer to this so lets here some experiences please....

Thanks all

Mike :hmm:

In your situation i would suggest you try installing for a company before you go on your own.

You may well know the kit inside out but actually installing it or servicing it is a whole different ball game, and one you find your not cut out for. Better to do it at someone else's expense than your own.

Other than that, make sure you do plenty more of exactly what youve done so far, seek advice!

Archived