Security Installer Community

Replacing Panel

Guest psd

good day..... can you please help. i am replacing a gardtec panel with an accenta g3 with remote keypad... terminal marking for the sounder on the gardtec are .. strobe + and -. bell + and -. bell hold-. sab.. terminals on the g3 are strobe + and -. bell +(D). bell-(B). scb (T) (A). whilst the strobe and bell are the same markings the bell hold- and sab don't match up with the (T) (A) . can you please assist.....regards and thankyou

good day..... can you please help. i am replacing a gardtec panel with an accenta g3 with remote keypad... terminal marking for the sounder on the gardtec are .. strobe + and -. bell + and -. bell hold-. sab.. terminals on the g3 are strobe + and -. bell +(D). bell-(B). scb (T) (A). whilst the strobe and bell are the same markings the bell hold- and sab don't match up with the (T) (A) . can you please assist.....regards and thankyou

The wire that was connected to "SAB TMP" in the Gardtec goes to the "T" terminal in the G3, and the wire that was connected to " BELL HLD" in the Gardtec goes to "A" in the G3

The rest you seem to have worked out. Out of curiosity, how come you're swapping the Gardtec out for a G3? Unless it was a Gardtec 300 series (which it seems to be), in which case the G3 is probably no worse!

Trade Member

The wire that was connected to "SAB TMP" in the Gardtec goes to the "T" terminal in the G3, and the wire that was connected to " BELL HLD" in the Gardtec goes to "A" in the G3

The rest you seem to have worked out. Out of curiosity, how come you're swapping the Gardtec out for a G3? Unless it was a Gardtec 300 series (which it seems to be), in which case the G3 is probably no worse!

hi and thanks for your help. your right it is the 300 series. i wanted to have a rkp instead of the bulky panel and got the g3 off good old ebay for an absolute bargain ... no other reason.. thanks once again for your help it is much appreciated

hi and thanks for your help. your right it is the 300 series. i wanted to have a rkp instead of the bulky panel and got the g3 off good old ebay for an absolute bargain ... no other reason.. thanks once again for your help it is much appreciated

No problem. I don't blame you for swapping it!

Trade Member

Agreed, the 300 series may be chunky and dated but they are totally bomb proof. I wouldnt put an accenta on me shed!

Don't get me wrong, I would'nt install either for the life of me if it was my own choice (there are much better panels than both if you spend a bit more money), but I've seen more faulty 300's than Accentas believe it or not. Had a bell output go mental at 2am on one (latched negative, customer loved that one), and another that was roasting batteries. Both were well maintained. Not to mention they have little room inside them once the battery is in there. The Accenta, as cheap and **** as they are and as much as it pains me to say, don't do too badly if they are installed properly, looked after and serviced properly every 12 months :ninja:

Trade Member

Archived