Security Installer Community

Alarm System For London Flat

Guest dotBlue

Guest dotBlue

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum and looking for some advice. After reading this forum, i've decided to go for a wired alarm system from an approved installer. :)

My flat is currently being redecorated and I have the opportunity to bury all the necessary cables.

I am planning on having 4 x PIR detectors and 2 x Door Contacts.

So my question.... what type of cable should I run to all the points where the PIR\Door contacts are to be located?

I know I should really get the professionals in to do this, but the budget is tight after the decoration... so I was going to install the cables and then save up a bit of extra money to get a decent system.

Also, if anyone could give me a rough price for the above system with a few extras:

-a GSM autodialler function, I would go for the normal autodialler but my phone lines run outside my house and are very very easy to cut

- 12v trigger output (for home automation)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

dB

Guest dotBlue

Also... where should i run the cables to? :unsure:

Could I run all wires to a locked cupboard (for control panel) ... and then run another cable for a keypad close to the door?

:yes:

:no: "Approved Installer will need to do a risk assessment and decide what is needed, he/she shouldn't just arrive and fit what you think you want.

I always recommend screened cable, probably 6-core but design will dictate.

:yes:

:no: Not the route for a "decent system".

A Galaxy G2 panel that would probably do all of this but the installer you choose will no doubt have a view.

Thanks for the advice!

I know i should really get the alarm installer to do the cabling as well... but the budget doesnt really strech to this at the moment. I'm hoping that the installer will be able to test the wires and make sure they are fine (and if for some reason they are not... then i guess i will have to have to run the wire on the surface :angry2: )

Guest dotBlue
A Galaxy G2 panel that would probably do all of this but the installer you choose will no doubt have a view.

What kind of ball-park figure should i be looking at for a supply and fit of this panel with 4 x PIR and 2 x Door contacts with the 12v output and GSM dialer?

Also, can anyone recommend a central london installer? :P

Thanks,

dB

Archived