Security Installer Community

Testing The Waters

If you don't have security engineering knowledge, entrusting it to 1 person seems very risky. If he gets it wrong it will be you who carries the can, and he will be on the next bus out of town.

Very good point.

And also Secboys

The person taking the position needs to be careful to, I know some one who did the same thing for a new company started by an ex cop with a dodgy history! had to resign due to D.I.C

(no not that! it was to do with cars and pubs) was promissed a 5% share of the company to help get it running ! worked his nuts off day and night till it was a nice little approved company then tryed to consolidate his 5% into paper and the git denighed it all, broke up his marriage to?????.

Who ever we take on would not be left totally to their own devices, I would also be tasked with getting up to date with regs etc, because as has been said, we would carry the can. But, I have enough to deal with on the fire side, and don't want to have to get too envolved on the day to day running of the security side.

Hence, it has to be the right person and there has to be a lot of trust both ways !!

It's a bit of a minefield......

youve probably thought yourself out of the idea already by the sound of it. Y not(I'm sure this may have been mentioned earlier) approach a small intruder company thats just starting up and needs that little step up the workpile. You control the customer by establishing the lead, take a cut of the quote as as well and set up a confidentiality agreement by not treading on each others toes, he gives you any fire work he is offered and vice versa.See how it develops then offer a merger between your companies to establish yourselves deeper into the market. This does work. B)

Bri

trade.gif

youve probably thought yourself out of the idea already by the sound of it. Y not(I'm sure this may have been mentioned earlier) approach a small intruder company thats just starting up and needs that little step up the workpile. You control the customer by establishing the lead, take a cut of the quote as as well and set up a confidentiality agreement by not treading on each others toes, he gives you any fire work he is offered and vice versa.See how it develops then offer a merger between your companies to establish yourselves deeper into the market. This does work. B)

:hmm:

sounds like you are talking from experience....!

Food for thought, thanks

Archived