Security Installer Community

7 Core Cable & Cctv Ptz Head Connection

Guest stevey

Its a dennard 2000, see manual here:

http://www.norbain.co.uk/support//manuals/...M40CEB0953CBAC/

Its for my own installation. I know HOW to solder but just cant do it because I've got the wrong tip and an iron that too low powered (18 Watts)

For the money of a new tip I'll get someone else to do it.

From the PTZ head it goes to a box that does have screw in connections.

Those things are a nightmare to solder :bruce_h4h: , take it from me, I've made a few leads up for the connection type you've said, you need to 4 pairs of hands almost to make sure it connects, tin the ends by all means and either use heat-shrink (recommended) or tape to cover the individual pins on the connector.

The name your looking for is "Amphanol" that's the maker of the connectors, and also of the 6 core + Earth cable. I wouldn't recommend getting anything but that stuff as it's rated for the task in hand and come handly numbered, also don't try and skimp on length you need to make sure it's long enough to go between PTZ head and what ever your using to control it with.

Yeah best getting some one else to do it, and make sure the control box is either a IP 65 or better box or is somewhere it's not gonna get wet..

Hope that helps anyone else who has to deal with these "things!"

Before anyone asks yes I've singed my fingers once or twice doing these connectors.

Intruder / CCTV / Access Control Technical Support Personal

Subscriber to the "K.I.S.S" principle, that's Keep It Simple Stupid, are you?

Archived