Security Installer Community

Alarm Wiring In The Kitchen

Guest Gti Jazz Blue

Guest Gti Jazz Blue

So what is the situation with alarm cabling in a kitchen ? Notifiable under Part-P or not ?

If you read the documents (had a bored moment) I can't see that Alarm cabling is allowed in a kitchen, with out notification.

So how are the pros handling this with new installs ?

So what is the situation with alarm cabling in a kitchen ? Notifiable under Part-P or not ?

If you read the documents (had a bored moment) I can't see that Alarm cabling is allowed in a kitchen, with out notification.

So how are the pros handling this with new installs ?

no,unless the spur's in there

Guest Gti Jazz Blue

OK thanks, I couldn't see an opt out for LV signalling equipment in a special area i.e. Kitchen. That could be tricky as it would stop you running alarm, phone, TV or door bell cabling.

OK thanks, I couldn't see an opt out for LV signalling equipment in a special area i.e. Kitchen. That could be tricky as it would stop you running alarm, phone, TV or door bell cabling.

Don't quote me, but i'm sure I read somewhere that phone cabling is not allowed in the special area (kitchen and bathrooms), but like I said I'm not 100%

Trade Member

Don't quote me, but i'm sure I read somewhere that phone cabling is not allowed in the special area (kitchen and bathrooms), but like I said I'm not 100%

I can't remember what happened in the end but as SELV is <50V and phone cabling can be >50V it comes under part p. They may have changed this, but I'm not 100% sure either!

its short but it the full answer

Telecom

Archived