Security Installer Community

Accenta 8 Assistance

Guest Guest_Matt_*

Guest Guest_Matt_*

Hi all,

We moved into our present house last July, which is fitted with an Accenta 8 alarm system.

The Tamper light has been flashing constantly since we moved in. Not sure who fitted the alarm: builders or someone employed by the owners.

I have tried RESET but this has no effect. The alarm still sets and resets correctly but I cannot access any of the other functions, such as changing the alarm code, checking the sensors / alarms etc.

Can anyone help please. I am an electrical engineer but with no manual or otherwise, I know better than to go fiddling with things I don't understand.

Thanks for any help.

Hi all,

We moved into our present house last July, which is fitted with an Accenta 8 alarm system.

The Tamper light has been flashing constantly since we moved in. Not sure who fitted the alarm: builders or someone employed by the owners.

I have tried RESET but this has no effect. The alarm still sets and resets correctly but I cannot access any of the other functions, such as changing the alarm code, checking the sensors / alarms etc.

Can anyone help please. I am an electrical engineer but with no manual or otherwise, I know better than to go fiddling with things I don't understand.

Thanks for any help.

You can find a user manual on the ADE web site - www.ade.co.uk that may enable you to narrow down where the cause of the tamper is.

Tamper means something is "broken" somewhere or has been "fiddled with". You'll need an engineer to find and rectify that.

Guest David@wizard

Depends on how old the panel is, and if you know the engineer code - default no codes please!. Newer versions (G3) try prog, eng code, 7, 3, 0, reset, reset, reset.

older versions try prog, eng code, 5, 0, reset, reset, reset.

it's just the service timer that makes tamer flash after so many sets & unsets.

Hi all,

Thanks for any help.

It will be the service timer fitted a few my self and i allways put it on other thing you shoudent give out eng code on the public fourm just fort i would let you no :ranting::banned:

it's just the service timer that makes tamer flash after so many sets & unsets.

Which is a sign that it requires, or may need, a service and Accentas\Optimas need a lot of looking after to stop them from throwing a wobbly.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Are you sure the alarm sets properly? i.e. it may appear to set when you enter your code, but will it actually go off if you don't enter your code on re-entry? If not, then you have a tamper fault, probably one of the spring loaded tamper switches in one of the PIR sensors as these are fragile. If you're an engineer then you'll have no problem fixing it. Just undo the front panel; the alarm won't go off until the tamper light goes out.

If you alarm operates fully as normal then try a factory reset.

Archived