Security Installer Community

Abacus 12? Missing Code

Guest Mattyg

Hi,

Just moved in to a new property (garage/workshop) and it has an alarm fitted (sticker on board shows "DA Abacus 12"). But as the old tennants had left over a year ago, no one knows the codes etc.. (got the key though) is there any way to reset the whole system so we can set it all up again? I believe we need to do this as every time we apply power to the unit the siren goes off. I tried to find a companies maintenance sticker on the unit or keypads but can't find anything.

I'm looking at the possability of a new system if this turns out to be a non starter but would rather not have the expense!!!

thanks for any help offered.

Matt

Guest Peter James

Look on the bell box, if it was installed by a pro there will be a number.

The panel can be defaulted, but not by the end user, and by the sounds of things the system needs servicing anyway.

Pete

Guest Peter James
Will there??? We don't put a number on our bell box. Does this mean I am not a pro? :(

We used to have our No. on the bell boxes but got fed up of BT changing the number and the std code.

Get an 0845 number then :P , to be fair //.National Installer.// dont have their number on the box. What I should of said was the company name/logo on it.

Pete

We've got 0845 numbers now, but I know that as soon as we put it on the boxes, someone will decide to stick another digit in there somewhere :yes: so we won't bother

who can read numbers on box's anyway..not me.. :no: better money spent on a bigger logo..

Archived