Security Installer Community

Paragon Plus Alarm

Guest altruistic1964

Guest altruistic1964

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section - I have recently had fitted a new PVC door in place of a wooden one. Of course, I !"skipped" the old door - along with the door sensors! :(

What I would like to know please is:-

a) Can these door sensors be bought (if so, where);

B) How expensive are there; and

c) Are they easy to fit

I take it you can buy door sensors that can be attached to PVC doors without having to screw into the plastic as doing this would invalidate the 10 year guarantee on the door?

I would be most grateful if someone could help me on this.

Thanks.

Regards

David

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section - I have recently had fitted a new PVC door in place of a wooden one. Of course, I !"skipped" the old door - along with the door sensors! :(

What I would like to know please is:-

a) Can these door sensors be bought (if so, where);

B) How expensive are there; and

c) Are they easy to fit

I take it you can buy door sensors that can be attached to PVC doors without having to screw into the plastic as doing this would invalidate the 10 year guarantee on the door?

I would be most grateful if someone could help me on this.

Thanks.

Regards

David

i use a surface mounted door contact (about

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

I !"skipped" the old door - along with the door sensors! :(

What you skipped was almost certainly just the magnet that triggers the reed switch in the sensor, or did the frame go as well?

Either way, they're dirt cheap and you buy the pair.

The main cost will be getting an engineer to fit/align and test replacements. Shouldn't be too difficult unless the wires have been cut off!

Ignore this advice, it's not how to do the job correctly. There is a reason the contacts come with screws and not double sided tape. I always screw contacts to doors, PVC, aluminium, wood or other.

No this is the correct way - but you must cut off the screw heads and glue them to the contact so it looks as though you've used them!

Ignore this advice, it's not how to do the job correctly. There is a reason the contacts come with screws and not double sided tape. I always screw contacts to doors, PVC, aluminium, wood or other.

yes but i was taught that if you put screwholes into a new pvc door then that invalidated the guarantee,if any thing went wrong with the door. the best way has always being to screw the contact on, but who becomes liable for the cost of a new door,is it worth the risk. lurch if you have a better method than i would be interested :)

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

after speaking to a chap that fits DG doors you can screw them on as i do and you will be fine as long as you dont screw through the door to far (screws that come with contacts are fine) also dont drill near the hinges (cant see why you would want to) but thats what he said

Archived