Security Installer Community

Veritas 8c

Guest Edward Bridge

Guest Edward Bridge

Help!! alarm keeps going off when not set.

Problems begin with one external ring followed by the internal box omitting a loud buzz. 24 hours red light lit. The external alarm then sounds again and can only be turned off by setting the alarm and then unsetting!

Had a new battery fitted in April when this problems started.

Any ideas?

sounds like you have a tamper fault, and may need the services of an alarm engineer.

what happens when you enter your code, does the system set or does the 24hr light come on?

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Guest Edward Bridge
sounds like you have a tamper fault, and may need the services of an alarm engineer.

what happens when you enter your code, does the system set or does the 24hr light come on?

When I enter the code and then reset nothing happens. I have to enter the code and set the alarm and then enter the code to unset the alarm. The 24hr light comes on when the alarm sounds.

Get it serviced! When the battery was replaced did you check the charging circuit under load?

Was the battery replaced because the alarm was sounding when you turned the power off?

Pete

The battery was replaced by the engineer because he thought this was the original problem so I can only assume he did this correctly!!

When I enter the code and then reset nothing happens. I have to enter the code and set the alarm and then enter the code to unset the alarm. The 24hr light comes on when the alarm sounds.

this problem is going to need investigating by an engineer. the 24hr light on is indicating tamper. this could be a number of things, echo peter's reply,time for a service.

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Archived