Security Installer Community

Fed Up Paying Ridiculous Petrol Prices?

j.paul

Anybody come across this :hmm:

Strength in numbers

There are nearly 32 million of us in the UK. If a large number of us band together and choose to give our custom to one major forecourt chain, we could negotiate a substantial discount for ourselves. Pipeline Card has been established to achieve just that and we are well on our way to success.

Our target

We have already secured an agreement in principle from a major UK fuel retailer to provide a discount to our members. We need you

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

yeah it was discussed on a motoring forum a while back, and from memory nothing much came of it because there's not much of a mark-up in petrol anyway its mostly tax (about 80% IIRC), so nothing much to be gained from trying to force a price war between retailers.

Theres loads of markup in petrol!! Its the petroleum companys that mark it UP!!!

The could sell it at 10p a litre if they wanted, the government cant ADD tax to the value of an item it has to be included if you know what I mean, ( i do but it is 5am!!!)

I mean the two top coompanys made what, something stupid like 21billion pounds profit and you recon they couldnt do a deal!

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Archived