Security Installer Community

Newbies - Questions......

Guest aechlin

Guest aechlin

I cannot believe how many 'newbies' join this great forum firstly reading site terms & conditions to gain access, then to ask:

"I turned my mains off the other day and now my alarm won't work properly"

As this site is accessible to read (the Public Forums), surely when you read a reply to the above question before registering to post, and poor old 'trade member' & 'trade member' (who must be fed up to the back teeth) quoting:

"Your battery is dead, it needs a new one, maybe the charging cct has had it"

does it stop and make you think?

and why do people read the terms and conditions, and then ask for the eng manual for their system?

Rant over

:cry:

a good point, and one that has been made a few times.

I think its probably time for a big Alarm FAQ link on the home page and at the top of the forum page, to narrow down the questions.

Q. I turned my mains off the other day and now my alarm won't work properly.

A. There is a problem with the alarm system, most likely due to lack of service, you should contact the company that installed the alarm for repair and service, if you do not know the company that installed it then use our link to a list of installers for one that may be local to you. If you believe that you qualify as a competent DIY'er that could probably repair the system yourself and have the relevent codes for the alarm, then please feel free to ask in the community forum.

Q. My alarm is faulty and I want to repair it but need some codes to access the system, can you give me the codes.

A. No

Etc, etc.....

Guest aechlin

So Rich, could that be put in place BEFORE they register?

Its not just me that gets wound up then.... Im now imune to valium and have nothing else :o)

Point taken, at least i did look at the guest section.

Hello all. Im new to this great forum but cant find my problem mentioned.

I have inherited a securit 700L system which has worked fine for 14 months. It was last checked in 2003 but not sure if service was involved.

The problem is that when detected by PIR when walking round the house downstairs ( but not upstairs) the internal siren gives a short two tone loud sound. The manuel doesnt mention this, am i being an eejit and missing something? I may just cover PIRs with tape until i can get an engineer out, but it is pretty annoying! Walk test etc all seem to be working fine.

Id be very grateful for any suggestions please?

You should have put your post in there then, not tagged it on the end of a topic that has nothing to do with control panels.

Anyway, turn chime off.

one of your zones is set to chime, the manual tells you how to switch chime on/off (from memory its the # button then the zone number to toggle)

you also now need to get the system serviced.

Hello all. Im new to this great forum but cant find my problem mentioned.

I have inherited a securit 700L system which has worked fine for 14 months. It was last checked in 2003 but not sure if service was involved.

The problem is that when detected by PIR when walking round the house downstairs ( but not upstairs) the internal siren gives a short two tone loud sound. The manuel doesnt mention this, am i being an eejit and missing something? I may just cover PIRs with tape until i can get an engineer out, but it is pretty annoying! Walk test etc all seem to be working fine.

Id be very grateful for any suggestions please?

You should have put your post in there then, not tagged it on the end of a topic that has nothing to do with control panels.

Anyway, turn chime off.

Welcome to the forums.

Archived