Security Installer Community

problem with system

Guest ktm

I have an Optima XM system that has always worked faultlessly until recently.. I have just had a new kitchen fitted, during which time the supply was switched off and on a number of times. The alarm no longer works? There is power going to it, and the power light and day lights are lit, but the key pad is dead, pressing the keys will not set the alarm, they do not bleep when they are pressed as they should. I removed the cover in the hope that it may go into alarm condition, but it was no good. I downloaded the user manual but it is not much help. The battery is flat, it has been for a long time without affecting the performance. Can anyone help? Does anyone know the manufacturers phone number in order that I can ring them? If it sounds like it is terminal, what is a good make to replace it with?

KTM

Is the panel showing a tamper or PA light/fault? sometimes the keypad on these will lock out if a fault is present.

If your battery is flat when you have a power cut your outside bellbox will ring, or at least it should do - this needs to be replaced.

As for a replacement panel I favour the Pyronix Sterling 10, or a Menvier TS690 for most domestic applications, however most of the guys on here have their personal favourites.

ADE's contact number is 01268 563247

Do you by any chance live in SE10? Sounds a lot like a fault I'm booked to attend!

Hope this helps.

Simmo B)

Congratulations, you own possibly the world worst alarm for locking out at the drop of a hat. All is not lost mind you, open the main panel again, whip off your new good battery *cough* and disconnect the mains supply to it, leave it for 5 or 6 seconds then bang em both back on, pop your code in, close the lid back up and if all's clear the alarm will make a nice "bleep" and be working a treat.

P.S if all is not well ask someone else and umm.. you aint seen me right. :ph34r:

egg03064.gif

whereabouts are you in the westcountry?

I'm in Plymouth if it helps you.

Steve Kendall

Plymstock Security Systems

CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Security Lighting & Access Control

Covering Plymouth, Plymstock, Plympton, South Devon and South East Cornwall

I have sorted out the problem. Thanks for all the prompt replies to my post.

JB and Peter James, thanks a bundle guys, your suggestion did the trick. Simple really, but like most things it's a case of "knowing what to do". You have got me out of the sh*t here with this one.

Top site with some top contributors!

The power of the net eh!

Allan

Archived