Security Installer Community

Adpro Fastscan Problems.

Guest Trainee_1

Guest Trainee_1

Hello there, I wondered if I could enlist the help of some experienced CCTV engineers?

I'm currently working on an 8 camera site with 4 new Dennard 2060 domes, the telemetry is controlled via Coax. Each dome also has 2 alarm inputs connected to a variety of external PIR's (Redwall, GJD etc). There are 3 control units fitted to the system. A DVR, a standard Denard switching unit for the alarm inputs and an Adpro Fastscan III transmitter for monitoring.

1. I have the Adpro and Switcher conneted via an RS232 link. Will this enable me to use the alarm inputs from the switching unit? If so, how?

2. I only have the Adpro programmer, not the AMK-300 keyboard. If I set the telemetry/alarm settings via the switching unit will this work for monitoring also?

3. Am I better off removing the switch unit altogether and using the alarm inputs on the adpro? If so, where can I find the serial device to hardwire the inputs?

Sorry if I'm making myself difficult to understand, I don't have a lot of experience with the Adpro system so any help is usefull. Thanks in advance :)

Oh and I dunno about you guys, but this cold weather is doing my fruit in :cold2::P

Guest Trainee_1

I should point out that the PIR's are hard wired straight back from the device to the switching unit. They don't pass through the DVR or anything like that.

Sounds like you're making hard work of this one!! Fastscans are quite tech if you don't know what your up to. There are some great guy's in tech support who will be of great help. Adpro also run a training course which is a days course and will give you a good idea of how everything goes together etc. You might be better asking if someone in your neck of the woods can come and set the system up for you and that way you'll see how it's done. I'm not trying to be a pain but you'll be there all day and night otherwise.

How is the adpro going to be monitored? By user at other end or monitoring station?

Are the alarms controlling presets on the domes or are the alarms just to trigger the adpro to dial out??

Do you get how the adpro works and what it does??? Just a question... not trying to be funny or anything.

I take your trade and know a bit about cctv or is it more of a diy setup, I ask this because otherwise I'll be giving you help and you'll be asking what I mean.

CCTV Intruder Access Control

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

I am trade yes, and I do have experience in various Adpro units, mainly FastTrace. But I've never had to loop more than one switching unit. The only reason I'm doing it is because the guy who quoted the job wanted to save cash (I'm self-employed). I'm left trying to bodge things together.

My problem is the compatability between the Dennard switch and the FastScan unit. Will the RS232 data link allow me to use the the alarm inputs from the switch? If so, do I simply set-up the Adpro in the usual way using the programmer, or are there any special settings for this?

The reciever is a monitoring station, and I want the alarm(s) to control presets on the dome as well as fire off the outputs on the Adpro. The presets are controlled via the Dennard switch.

Has anyone ever done this before? I'm at my wit's end. Adpro have tried their best to help but short of sending one of their engineers out (at my cost) they're a little flummoxed too.

Arrrrrgh it's sending me crazy!

OK let the Dennard stuff do it's bit, loop off the camera inputs on the dvr to the adpro, camera 1 to camera 1 on the adpro etc. With the alarms, you'll know the connector on the adpro for the alarm inputs, piggy back off the alarms (parrell) onto the adpro alarm inputs like for like, I wouldn't connect a lead between the two units, for doing things like that I'd only use adpro's own kit. As with regards programming, program it off the hand programmer and that's it, you don't need the keyboard, program it and then close the lid. I'm a bit stressed atm but I'll route out my folder after and have a look for you, I only go out to faults on them now for other people as I've given up installing them a while ago as with the cost of dvr's with remote access and broadband being what it is now days it's not cost effictive anymore to install them.... sad but true. Will be back in a while

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest Trainee_1

So get rid of the RS232 link? It's an existing link, and it looks a little homemade to be honest, perhaps that's a good idea. My only issue with that is doesn't the FastScan use a serial interface to hardwire the alarm inputs? I don't have the kit.

Thanks for all your help so far, you're a true gentleman.

I have fitted a fare few of these, but I do it a bit different to you.

If you are going to wire your pirs direct to the adpro, how are you going to control it all. I would fit a panel with the pirs as ccts with ouputs as mimics of the cct, the output then triggers a relay which then goes onto the adpro input. This way you have far more control over the pirs and a log of which pir is doing what. Finally i would have an output to relay triggering when the alarm panel is set which them arms the adpro.

The rest of the DVR/ MUX connections is as maverick has said. :)

Also if the domes where to be wired in twisted pair for telem then the ARC would be able to control them. I think this is the case for most if not all ARCs

Top tip: if you ever catch fire, try to avoid seeing yourself in the mirror, because i bet thats what REALLY throws you into a panic and dont forget the one thing you cant recycle is wasted time.

You've just triggered my memory, last job was a gardtec panel with the alarms connected to it, off the set+ for arming & disarming the adpro, it's been a while since I've installed one, as I said nowdays it's only fixing someones sh+t I'll try and post some pics for you in a bit with some help unless someone beats me to it, just between about 3 things at the moment... I've not forgot

Tony Hughes, Proprietor,

TRADE MEMBER

Guest Andy_Wintles_pet_Monkey
I have fitted a fare few of these, but I do it a bit different to you.

If you are going to wire your pirs direct to the adpro, how are you going to control it all. I would fit a panel with the pirs as ccts with ouputs as mimics of the cct, the output then triggers a relay which then goes onto the adpro input. This way you have far more control over the pirs and a log of which pir is doing what. Finally i would have an output to relay triggering when the alarm panel is set which them arms the adpro.

The rest of the DVR/ MUX connections is as maverick has said. :)

Also if the domes where to be wired in twisted pair for telem then the ARC would be able to control them. I think this is the case for most if not all ARCs

I've not wired my PIR's direct to the Adpro, they are wired to the Dennard switch. I'm also not going to go out and buy any new equipment (including relay switches), I'm losing money on the job as is. But thanks anyway.

Going to try Mavricks piggyback idea. Sounds too simple to work, but I'll give it a go anyway. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know how it works when I get back.

Guest Andy_Wintles_pet_Monkey

Right, sorted. Used the RS232 in the end, programmed up the Switch, phoned up the monitoring station, everything working how I want. Now I've just got to get my images sorted, 200m of cable from each camera running through 3 devices has left me 'rolling' all over the place. :no:

Anyone reccomend any good Hum reducers? I can't find a Tecton anywhere....

Archived