Security Installer Community

Optima 2 Plus

Guest Dan Aldridge

Guest Dan Aldridge

Hi there,

I have had a trawl through the forums , and would like some advice please. We have moved into a new house and recently the alarm (optima2 plus , Keypad, so dont know if this is the associated alarm). lets us put the code in to arm it, but just keeps beeping when we have left the house and does'nt seem to ever stop.

I have read through some of the old posts and some discuss that this could be a faulty door sensor.

But we have not had it serviced seince we have moved in, And from what it sounds its a pretty old alarm system. We dont have any documentation from the prior owners on Zone setup. Would any engineer be able to find that information out ?

Are there are recommendations for service engineers within the leeds area please?

cheers

Dan

Hi , what is displayed on the display when you try to set the alarm?, as this will be the cause of your problem, eg faulty door contact on zone 1 , or bathroom window open on zone 4.

To give you a rough idea what is on each zone , enter your code and walk around the premises disturbing the detectors , and get someone to note what numbers are displayed on the rkp.

:)

Guest Dan Aldridge

Hi georgahti,

Ok Read, the rules , My Apologies

And fastcar, will check that out later, thanks for the pointers. And will go and find something who is skilled in these matters to help.

cheers.Dan

Guest Dan Aldridge

Ok i spoke to a local Firm to me and they have come round and found a few issues. And will be fixing, So thanks for your help .

cheers

Dan

Archived