Security Installer Community

ADE Panel tamper spring

Guest bandit12gsf

Guest bandit12gsf

I have a friend who has an Accenta 8 Mini panel and the tamper spring on the main box keeps tripping the tamper circuit. I have tried expanding the spring but over time it returns to normal size and trips in and out. My friend is doing his nut and wants it taken out. Will linking out the tamper zone and the RKP tamper zone do the job? I know it will disable the rest of the tamper zone of the detectors but I need a bit of breathing space to let him calm down.

Guest bandit12gsf

Checked the other tamper circuits, found that if you pressed on the front cover of the panel the tamper led would go out ie you would be pressing against the spring/switch. Found that if you opened the loft hatch and let the hot air in the led would go off. Tried streching the spring but found it returns to normal size over time. I will solder a link across the switch on the back of the PCB if there's no other way.

Thanks

Sounds as though the case may be twisted in some way, have you fitted it to a flat surface and not over done the fixing screws.

If your going to all the effort of soldering out the tamper circuit and comprimising the systems integrity, then I would be more inclined to find the exact cause of the tamper.

If you link out the bell tamper circuit and the global tamper circuit then you only have the panel and the keypad tamper to check. Peter's right when he says tamper shows for all tampers, so eliminating as many of them and reinstating them one at a time will soon resolve the problem.

Colin.

Guest bandit12gsf

I didn't have the pleasure of fitting this one, it is on a flat surface but the loft gets quite hot and the cover does move as does the spring. I have checked all the other tamper springs, SAB etc and its down to the pcb switch. I will link out the switch to see if it sorts the problem which I'm pretty sure it will. There are four prongs on these switches, I take it that they go side to side and not top to bottom. I will try it out on a SAB pcb which I have spare.

cheers

Guest Deryck Tintagel

I have found that you can bypass the panel tamper switch using the field wiring terminals. I can't remember which ones they are off the top of my head but inspection of the PCB tracks will show the terminals to use - possibly from global tamper to the bell tamper?

I would agree that a poor solder joint could be the problem as I had something similar on an XM6 in a garage

Archived