Security Installer Community

Veritas8c Internal Sounder

Guest graale00

Guest graale00

Hello Everyone,

Bit of a problem, the system I've installed is great but the trouble is that when it goes off in Part Set, only the internal speaker goes off with Strobe because the Internal Sounder is connected through the Bell output as there is no internal sounder terminal, meaning it will only go off with a Full Set alarm, not much good to wake me up! Is there anyway to get it going off internally, I'm a bit stuck, no additional outputs, pumped up the speaker volume..... AAAHHH

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

Your problem sounds like a programming issue to me, Page 18 of your manual, at the top left-hand corner shows some defaults for the programming. One of those (Option 2) is that the alarm is "internals only on Part set zone alarm".

If it works correctly in full set, just try changing the programming.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

only the internal speaker goes off with Strobe because the Internal Sounder is connected through the Bell output as there is no internal sounder terminal, meaning it will only go off with a Full Set alarm

Are you saying that the 8c has no internal speaker connections?

Because it does (even the old style one).

They`re marked up LS next to the Aux power terminals.

Or is it you need to change your internal sounder for a speaker?

Trade Full Member

Guest graale00

No No No, I mean, I have the internal sounder connected to the bell output, but the programming in part set is internals only, which is the speaker, where as I want it to be just the internal sounder, but there is not terminals for this and I dont want to have the bell activating at night. Usually the panels I fit come with a Int. Sounder output as well as a Bell output. I think the only way I shall do it is by getting an extension speaker upstairs. :-(

Ok, in that case, you could just connect the sounder to the strobe output (providing the current draw isn't too high), as you mentioned that it was still flashing from a part set alarm. I think you would have to watch regulations regarding noise pollution though, it may depend on if the sounder was audible outside of the property.

Otherwise, yes, an extension speaker upstairs is probably your only other option.

Andrew

Any statement made or information provided in this post are the mere opinions of the author, and no inferrence is to be made as to the quality of information nor should any reliance be placed upon its contents.

Lurch, wouldn't you need miscellaneous options zero, option 1 - ON, to comply with the time requirements?

Andrew

Archived