Security Installer Community

Veritas Alarm - 8 ?

Guest Bignuts121

I would get another installer in ASAP and if the code is locked get the other guy to unlock it for free as he was unobtainable hence you going elsewhere.

What's the point in that? You're only going to end up causing grief in that there's now another engineer involved who's going to want paying. Original installer isn't going to be too chuffed (rightly or wrongly, not our place to say without knowing full facts) and customer isn't going to get anything done any quicker as the solving of the problem isn't going to get sorted until original engineer comes and unlocks eng code.

Ahem???

You mean, not to be charged in addition to the call-out?

Sticky one really, dont know if a service contract is in force, guessing not.

Am sure that a panel locked to one engineer is against legal goings on?

We all have eng codes but the systems can be defaulted to factory settings by the correct means.

What's the point in that? You're only going to end up causing grief in that there's now another engineer involved who's going to want paying. Original installer isn't going to be too chuffed (rightly or wrongly, not our place to say without knowing full facts) and customer isn't going to get anything done any quicker as the solving of the problem isn't going to get sorted until original engineer comes and unlocks eng code.

Why waste time if the old one is unobtainable?

Have to bite the bullet and go for it.

Original installer should have answered the phone!!

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Doubt it - I'm the ONLY user !! Maybe i forgot my own code ?

Thanks for the response - Turned off elec's - Battery back-up as light on panel remained on !

Left another message with installer - Hassle free for two years, so no contact since payment !!

Maybe moved to another industry, country ??

Regards

Archived