Security Installer Community

Mpat60

Vince8282

Hi All

I have just perchased a second hand MPAT 60 and the downloader deluxe plus pack from a retiring sparky. I have had a look at the disks that the software is on DOS so my question is:

Can I load this program on my computer which is XP pro? Or does anyone know if any of the software support companies have done an upgrade on the software so it runs without using dos?

Looking forward to some helpful polite suggestions folks

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

Only make sure you are practising in the right way at the right time for it.

There is a similar thread to this (in PC's PDA's etc... I think) re: fire alarm software and DOS. I think you'll find the info you require in there about running your software. I think the latest version of the software in Windows version will be costing a few hundred for the license so unless you do hundreds of tests then it's not worth it.

Thanks Stu you are a gent.

Best wishes

Vince

Practice in the morning, practice at night. Practice in the evening, until you get it right.

• 7 months later...

Did you get this sorted?

If not, get in touch and I will put you on to a guy I know who will help you.

The program is DOS and should work in DOS but you would be better upgrading to a windows based software.

I think SHIRE software, based in NE do some windows versions now.

Hope that helps

Billy

Solutions4CCTV

Keeping an eye on your property

Thanks Billy

I have got the dos software on floppy disc but run xp pro on comps and although it has a dos utility I am too scared to try it incase it interferes with the running of my progs.

I think I may just shop for an old throw out dos comp 286 (LOL) and use that exclusively for the pat tester. As I don't do thousands of sites I don't think it will be cost effective for me to buy the new software to run on windows.(Tight fisted git is wot I am) :rolleyes:

Best wishes

Vince

Archived