Security Installer Community

Pir Doesn't Trigger Alarm

Guest GuestAL

Guest GuestAL

One of my HP PIRs doesn't seem to trigger the alarm. It detects motion fine. Its LED indicator shows green when motion is detected. Other PIRs in the house would show green then red and triggers the alarm. Any idea? Thanks!

One of my HP PIRs doesn't seem to trigger the alarm. It detects motion fine. Its LED indicator shows green when motion is detected. Other PIRs in the house would show green then red and triggers the alarm. Any idea? Thanks!

What's an HP PIR? Is it brown :P

If your detectors have 2 different LED's then maybe they are dualtecs.

On the one that does not trigger, it may only be picking you up with one of the technologies - maybe the microwave is turned down to low.

Is it a new system? Did you install it yourself or was it professionally installed? Do you know if that that particular circuit (zone/pir) was ever working? Maybe it has been turned off in the software or linked out?

Some more information would be in order if you want anyone to help.

Zak Tankel - Managing Director - Security First (UK) - www.securityfirst.uk.com

Disclaimer: Any comments or opinions expressed by me are my own as a member of the public and not of my employer or Company.

Guest GuestAL
What's an HP PIR? Is it brown :P

If your detectors have 2 different LED's then maybe they are dualtecs.

On the one that does not trigger, it may only be picking you up with one of the technologies - maybe the microwave is turned down to low.

Is it a new system? Did you install it yourself or was it professionally installed? Do you know if that that particular circuit (zone/pir) was ever working? Maybe it has been turned off in the software or linked out?

Some more information would be in order if you want anyone to help.

It is a Detection Systems PIR. I mis-read its logo in the original post. I think the system is about 7 years old. An identical PIR in the house gives green and red LED signal when triggered, but this one only gives green and doesn

If it's a dualtec made by DS, most likely your MW isn't adjusted properly. If the LED's indicate a little more, such as 'flashing' it may indicate one detector's technologies has failed.

They had a recall on a bunch of detectors years back with bad MW units that did what we called "three flash"

Archived