Security Installer Community

Galaxy Gold

Guest Bob

Hello all..

I have galaxy gold and a number of galaxy systems in family houses.

I would like to remotely control them with the galaxy gold software.

I have the galaxy gold software working with my modem and it dials out ect..

But what i was wondering is how does the panel know to 'pick up' the line?

IE. when the software rings out.. the you hear the RING RING.. RING RING as usual.. but im wondered how the panel knows from here.

Once it has picked up im guessing it creates a beep similar to the software and then they start talking.

Any help would be great.

Bob

Ah right, cool..

So that may be the "Number of rings." option then.

Thats quite simple.. just it would not work with an answer phone.. or a BT answering feature. As this would pick up before the panel had chance.. or the panel could pick up on a caller wanting to leave a msg.

Bob

Ah right, cool..

So that may be the "Number of rings." option then.

Thats quite simple.. just it would not work with an answer phone.. or a BT answering feature. As this would pick up before the panel had chance.. or the panel could pick up on a caller wanting to leave a msg.

Bob

and you need a hayes compatable modem.

On the G2 panels the answerphone machine defeat is applied by setting to 15 rings.

US Robotics is the Honeywell preferred modem but my software works fine with a Multitech that I got from Menvier.

hayes is the prefered modem..only the us robotics sportster modem is a recommended model..

tho the multitech 2834 works very well, the mt5600 needs a string added..

US Robotics is the Honeywell preferred modem

According to my Honeywell Rep who informed me of this when assisting me with installing and using three different Galaxy software packages on my PC's over the last couple of weeks.

No doubt many modems will work as the software is Windows based.

According to my Honeywell Rep who informed me of this when assisting me with installing and using three different Galaxy software packages on my PC's over the last couple of weeks.

No doubt many modems will work as the software is Windows based.

its suprising have few are recommended and a few of the ones that are need additional strings,very few work straight out of the box..dont know why...

Hello all..

I have galaxy gold and a number of galaxy systems in family houses.

I would like to remotely control them with the galaxy gold software.

I have the galaxy gold software working with my modem and it dials out ect..

But what i was wondering is how does the panel know to 'pick up' the line?

IE. when the software rings out.. the you hear the RING RING.. RING RING as usual.. but im wondered how the panel knows from here.

Once it has picked up im guessing it creates a beep similar to the software and then they start talking.

Any help would be great.

Bob

Galaxy Gold is fully supported by Honeywell when purchased from them. They should be your first contact with these questions.

Guest Peter James
Galaxy Gold is fully supported by Honeywell when purchased from them. They should be your first contact with these questions.

Qfa

We cannot and should not be supporting or advising on this product in the public forums.

Bob you should contact your supplier for support on this product, Topic CLOSED!

Archived