Security Installer Community

Location Od Sd1+ Dialler

jig

I am having a dialler installed to my alarm and have a telephone engineer around add another extension socket onto the NTL Line.

Where should the extension go??? - near the keypad (where we enter the arming and disarming code is entered) or the Control Box?

Also is it OK with an NTL Line? Is it OK to add an extension taking to the one main socket? What should I be carefull of?

Thanks

Your alarm installer should be able to sort out the phone cabling too, don't see why you need a telephone engineer too. You don't need a socket installing for the dialler, I always wire them in directly. Also, I'd fit it by the control panel. You don't need access to it other than for entering the numbers, after that it's all prety much automated.

Maybe you need a more versatile alarm installer?

The dialler will work on ntl lines too. :)

Thanks for a quick reply, the reason why im thinking of adding the extension is because there is only one master socket for NTL and it sits on one side of the building, the control panel sits on the other side. I did ask the alarm fitter but he said I would need to get someone in to make sure there is a additional line.

Does anyone know any good installers for essex?

Not knocking your installer, he has his reasons, maybe the run is awkward. Maybe I was a bit hasty in suggesting you ditch him! I just know that I wouldn't farm the work out, perhaps he doesn't touch phone cables as a rule, maybe the earth is flat, there's just so many things we don't know.

I would just get the cable run in by the phone engineer and leave the connecting up for the alarm fella.

Archived